User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2021 7:58:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]

do this, ..and also your senator (see thread for senate bill: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Ohio-senate-bill-169/12-656332/)
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Spoke to my reps office today (Bob Young) they said he fully supports hb 248. I’m facing a mandatory shot myself and reps office said they are doing research to see what can be done to prevent that before the bill goes through the process but I’m not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Any approximate timeline on this? I assume it would still be another 60 days after passage even if Deswine were to sign it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any approximate timeline on this? I assume it would still be another 60 days after passage even if Deswine were to sign it?
View Quote

My deadline is end of October…they told me it would closer to the end of the year
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My deadline is end of Octoberthey told me it would closer to the end of the year
View Quote
Can you just produce a fake vaccine card? My guess is that they're only interested in "checking the box".
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you just produce a fake vaccine card? My guess is that they're only interested in "checking the box".
View Quote

Not gonna work…it’s a healthcare facility ..I’m sure they are tied into the health dept.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not gonna work…it’s a healthcare facility ..I’m sure they are tied into the health dept.
View Quote

If you are not a patient with them requiring care related to the vaccine I don't think they are permitted to access the DB simply for employment purposes.  I know other employers are not.

JLE

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I contacted mine, but unfortunately it's Leland.  Falling on deaf ears there
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Does it have a veto proof majority? Cause you know little Mikey will veto that shit. He's itching to implement masks across Ohio and pushing vaccines still but he can't without getting smacked
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not gonna workit's a healthcare facility ..I'm sure they are tied into the health dept.
View Quote
Ouch. Here's another thought... go "travel" to Florida and get "vaccinated". They don't do electronic medical records down there, right? So then wouldn't the card (however one gets one's hands on it) be the only "proof" of vaccination? Just a little creative thinking in trying to help. It sucks that employers think they should have the right to mandate medical treatments for their employees.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
HB 248 is up for consideration tomorrow (Tues 8/24) in the Health Committee..  

...here are the people on that committee, recommend call/email, starting w/ the chairman.

https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/health
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ouch. Here's another thought... go "travel" to Florida and get "vaccinated". They don't do electronic medical records down there, right? So then wouldn't the card (however one gets one's hands on it) be the only "proof" of vaccination? Just a little creative thinking in trying to help. It sucks that employers think they should have the right to mandate medical treatments for their employees.
View Quote

I looked that up since I am in FL often.  Thats a no go.  Florida has FloridaSHOTS which is their vaccine registration program.  Too bad, had my hopes up!
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I've called Rep. Lipps (actually spoke to someone there)
Rep Holmes
Rep Bird
Rep Cutrona
Rep Ginter
Rep Gross (no push needed here!)
Rep Manchester
Rep Plummer
Rep Stewart
Rep White
and
Rep Young

Figured the Democrats wouldn't vote for this regardless.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Humm, Rep Manchester called back and said there will be no vote till "some things are worked out"  Hope Stivers isnt getting his claws into people.  Although Rep. Manchester is in support of the bill.  She said there was a press release yesterday that explained it....off to look for that

Here's something:
"In a statement issued Monday, House Speaker Bob Cupp, R-Lima, said: "This legislation is important to many members of this caucus. Due to the high interest in the bill, we have directed (House Health Committee) Chairman (Scott) Lipps to have one hearing, which will take place on Tuesday, August 24, with no amendments or votes. We will then pause hearings on House Bill 248 while we work with the chairman, the bill’s sponsor, and all interested parties on this important issue.”"

Damn it

Call Rep. Cupp and get this thing moving again!
614-466-9624
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#18]

awesome!

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I found out that HB 248 has the attention of the Speaker, Bob Cupp, and his office is overseeing it.

Contact Speaker Bob Cupp's office and urge them to get this bill passed.

https://ohiohouse.gov/members/robert-r-cupp
(614) 466-9624

call, email, spread the word!!!!

Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I left ohio 16 years ago, and was in the process pf returning when xiden dropped this osha crap on us. Come on ohio, pass this bill and bring me and my hard working, tax paying, freedom loving family home!
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#23]
After fucktards speech last night, hopefully this bill will be fast tracked, as I don't want to get the shot and my household had the Covid back in July. So we should be good with the antibodies...

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#24]
call your state rep, demand they get behind HB 248.  and also call the Speaker's office and demand they pass this bill!!!

(614) 466-9624
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
call your state rep, demand they get behind HB 248.  and also call the Speaker's office and demand they pass this bill!!!

(614) 466-9624
View Quote

Did it yesterday...left a message letting them know I support HB248, would like to see it fast tracked,, along with my contact info.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Why hasn't this been voted on yet? Or in typical fashion, are the corrupt politicians trying to attach unrelated addons to put money in their masters pockets?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#27]
This is from 2 weeks ago from cleveland.com so take it with a grain of salt:

"Ohio’s Business Republicans and County-Seat Republicans are at war over COVID-19 vaccination. The Business Republicans likely will win — they usually do at the Statehouse — but the Rank-and-File Republicans aren’t going anywhere, and they know how to nurse a grievance."

Looks like Tibri and Stivers are couching hard to stop this.

Keep hammering the phone lines and emails.
Even though what Biden did was reprehensible and unconstitutional, it may
Light a fire under those fence sitters in our state house.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Folks, Rep Gross's (HB248 sponsor) office is getting such a high volume of calls, they've pulled in more aides to assist!

...let's hammer the phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you get to voicemail boxes, leave a message!

Hammer the Speaker's office (phone, email), ...and hammer your particular Rep!!!!

Speaker Bob Cupp

Phone
(614) 466-9624

https://ohiohouse.gov/members/robert-r-cupp/contact

Your Rep:
https://ohiohouse.gov/members/directory

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Tell your Rep to sign the discharge petition!!!!

Gross Seeks Signatures on Discharge Petition for HB 248
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes... there has to be 50 people that will sign this to bring it to a vote NOW!  After that speech Thursday, this is imperative!

There are what 99 members in the HOuse?  64 of them are Republicans.  They need to get this to the floo!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#31]
If someone has the phone numbers for the governor's office and the AG's office, please post in this thread...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#32]
AG Yost:  800-282-0515  (although last time I tried it was a 30 min wait.  I used the chat function and online form)

Gov. Fran's cooking sucks: (614) 466-3555 ( although this is just a recording, you can leave a message after)
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Folks, I want everyone to melt the f-ing phones lines down on Tues....  

Spread the word far and wide w/ your friends, family, whatever...

1. Contact Speaker Cupp
Phone: (614) 466-9624

2. Contact Your Rep:
https://ohiohouse.gov/members/directory

3. Contact Rep Gross (HB 248 Sponsor), and thank her for being a Patriot!
Phone: (614) 466-8550
https://ohiohouse.gov/members/jennifer-gross/contact

let's rock!!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Talking about it on 610 right now.

Blazer just asked about republicans who are paying lip service to it, but are beholden to corporate interests.  

"Government responds to pain".  "call them everyday, twice a day"  If the citizens of Ohio call and tell them to sign the discharge petition.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#37]
!! BREAKING !!
Your Calls Have Brought Out the Bully Tactics in Your Ohio Government
After hours, at 6:40p.m. last night, an email went out to all republican members of the House telling them do not listen to the will of your district and work on legislation to stop the Covid mandates and do not sign the discharge petition. Do not act on the wishes of the people calling and emailing your office who do not wish to be force vaccinated. "We" will decide what should be done about mandatory vaccines and will tell you what to do in the coming weeks.
 The Republican leadership has actually told the Republican members, by way of a "Caucus recommendation" email, don’t sign the discharge petition. WOW. What bullies.
Rep. Nino Vitale

To: House GOP Members
September 14, 2021
Thank you to all of you who have reached out to the Majority Leadership team with questions and concerns regarding the recent vaccine mandate announcement from the Biden Administration and the discharge petition for House Bill 248.  None of us have taken this issue lightly.  We understand that some members are unaware on how our chamber plans to proceed legislatively, and how they should handle the flow of incoming questions regarding both the status of House Bill 248 and the recent discharge petition.
Our entire Majority Leadership team has recognized that House Bill 248, in its present form, remains problematic and lacks a consensus across our caucus.  This is why we made the collective decision to pause committee hearings in favor of finding an alternate pathway forward.  In the coming days, we intend to share a framework with the caucus for its consideration and input.  It is our goal to strike a balance between honoring one’s personal medical freedom while protecting the health and safety of Ohioans.
Our goal as a caucus should be to achieve policies that have a realistic path forward.
Our recommendation to members is to refrain from committing to any COVID-related legislation or signing the discharge petition until we are able to present our framework to the entire
caucus.  We expect, prior to next week’s session, to reach out to members individually with further details.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#38]
keep hammering, ...spread the word!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#39]
That's fucked up!  

Has anyone been able to get ahold of anyone in Rep Cupps office?  Everytime I call, just a recording and no call back.  Insert the it's scared meme here.  Total bullshit they're trying to subvert the will of the people.  Vote on the damn bill!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#40]
fill Cupp's inbox!!!

...and if your Rep isn't listed as a co-sponsor of HB248 (or Senator for SB 169), ..then call them out for being hypocrites if they claim they are for it!!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Update: I got a call back from the Speaker's office, ...I had a fairly long conversation with the aide expressing the concerns, urgency, and the leadership letter.  

They are hearing what we are saying, ...they want to ensure they have the needed support in both houses, possibly consolidate stuff from multiple similar bills, and possibly have assurance the Governor would sign, in going forward.  The aide wasn't really clear on what/how that is going to take shape (i.e. new Bill, amended bill, etc.), but said they'd be putting out info on what that will be soon.  I expressed the urgency in getting something done, and also told them they need to do a much better job in communicating what is going on...

...I continue to urge everyone to call/email Speaker Cupp's office and their Rep, ...and don't forget the light fires under your Senators as well to work w/ the house in getting it done...

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Dewine's office (you'll probably have to leave a message):

614-466-3555
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Found out today, that the company I work for, in Greene County is looking at taking up the mandate. The HQ is based out of NY, and this was during a conference call with whoever calls in, I seldom do.
Anywho, if this is not locked up in the Courts, I may be forced to get a fucking shot, when my household had Covid in July and we are good on the natural antibodies, don't need no artificial shit in my system. But, if I want to keep my job, I may have to...
Not happy, left another message for Rep. Dean....
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Update: I got a call back from the Speaker's office, ...I had a fairly long conversation with the aide expressing the concerns, urgency, and the leadership letter.  

View Quote

Seems like we got the same call.  He stared off by apologizing that even though they had received multiple calls from me, they were just getting back now.  Basically sounds like they're trying to push Rep. Gross's bill under the bus.  He said something about a few other bills: SB 169 from Sen. Brenner (which is a decent bill, but not close to being ready),
HB 350 from Rep. Petrino
and
HB 253 which basically just stops companies from asking about your vax status.  WHich I guess is ok, but with the over reach, not good enough in my opinion, which I told him.  

Told him that off all the bills which is closest and which has the best chance of being passed by both the house and senate with a veto proo majority.  Which really is the issue.  Right now, none of them.  Well, then need to go with the closest since tings are ramping up and moving quicker and quicker.

Damn politics!
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Spoke to an Aide in Rep. Dean's office. The Aide that is usually there has been sick...but she took note of my concerns, let me know the phone has been lite up over HB248, suggested I also call Speaker Cupp's office, and I let her know that I had already done so.
HB248 will be brought to the floor next Tuesday for discussion, so we need to keep hammering those phones.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#47]
TO: Members of the Ohio House
RE: House Bill 248 Discharge Motion
DATE: September 14, 2021
In June, the Ohio Chamber testified before the House Health Committee in opposition to House Bill 248, legislation that would make sweeping changes to Ohio’s vaccination laws. We did so again during the August 24 meeting of the Health Committee.
The Ohio Chamber opposes HB 248 because it inserts government into the middle of the employer-employee relationship...
View Quote

Here is an Example of How the Columbus Machine, Lobbyists and Organizations Bully Elected Officials and Defraud the Average Voting Citizen.

Just since yesterday, some republican representatives have already decided that they do not intend to sign the HB248 discharge petition since this letter came out and they will not act contrary to the position of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce.
Rep. Nino Vitale
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Folks, we're doing great!

keep hammering at the House, ...but also you should be hammering the Senate to get them to be on a track for success with the House:

Senate President Huffman
(614) 466-7584
https://ohiosenate.gov/senators/huffman-m/contact

Your Senator:
https://ohiosenate.gov/senators/district-map

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Talk about fate.....so, we had Dean's Plumbing in a few weeks back to do some work...
Got a call from Rep.Dean's wife asking if we wouldn't mind putting a yard son out front for her son....
I told her that I had called her husband's office a number of times and left messages regarding HB248. I asked if he would support the bill, and she said she believes he's a co-sponsor, and is a big supporter of personal choice.
None of his family have had the vaccine and plan on getting it. The crazy thing is, his family is related to my Wife's....which I threw out there...
I told her to bring the sign on over...
Keep on applying thr pressure...
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top