Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2019 4:10:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really a crime state so you should be fine in the areas you mentioned. Portland is  full of libs also so theres that haha  The old port on the weekend youll run into the drunk crowd.

I dont live too far away so i cant really help on what hotel. Hope you enjoy your stay here...

Havent been up to the NB area since i was a kid.

Dont forget we’re a constitutional carry state so your more then welcome to ccw here
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Any of the big hotels are fine around Portland.

I've heard to stay away from La Quinta. (Outer Congress street, gross reports)
As well as the Clarion on outer Congress street. (also gross reports. Not sure if reports are true, but don't risk it. Bug related)

Not sure what your budget is, but the Hilton on commercial Street is nice. But very expensive. Same with pretty much any other in the old Port. Very nice, but expensive.

I work right off commercial Street. If you want any lobsters, lemme know. I'll give em to you at boat price. I'd like the meet a fellow arfcommer
Plus! I'm going to Texas this winter. Maybe you could tell me what area would best suit me?

ETA: the Maine mall area hotels are also nice.
(I haven't been to a hotel for a long time, so maybe the prices seem ridiculous to me. But I'd rather pay more for piece of mind)
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no problem staying at cheaper place, as long as it’s safe.  I just booked at Quality Inn on Main St.  For one night.  If everything is cool, then I will book it again for the 8th, before flying home to the 9th.
 Thank you guys for the suggestions.

ETA:  where and when you plan to head down to Texas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any of the big hotels are fine around Portland.

I've heard to stay away from La Quinta. (Outer Congress street, gross reports)
As well as the Clarion on outer Congress street. (also gross reports. Not sure if reports are true, but don't risk it. Bug related)

Not sure what your budget is, but the Hilton on commercial Street is nice. But very expensive. Same with pretty much any other in the old Port. Very nice, but expensive.

I work right off commercial Street. If you want any lobsters, lemme know. I'll give em to you at boat price. I'd like the meet a fellow arfcommer
Plus! I'm going to Texas this winter. Maybe you could tell me what area would best suit me?

ETA: the Maine mall area hotels are also nice.
(I haven't been to a hotel for a long time, so maybe the prices seem ridiculous to me. But I'd rather pay more for piece of mind)
I have no problem staying at cheaper place, as long as it’s safe.  I just booked at Quality Inn on Main St.  For one night.  If everything is cool, then I will book it again for the 8th, before flying home to the 9th.
 Thank you guys for the suggestions.

ETA:  where and when you plan to head down to Texas?
That area is fine. Will be no problems. A guy that worked for me a few years ago stayed at a place across the street from there. Never had an issue.

Not sure where exactly in Texas yet. But leaving here January 1st or 2nd. Driving to Montana for a "reunion" so to speak.
Then down to Texas. Been too busy working to really research where I'm going. But am looking for a place that's warm and has opportunities. Preferably conservative controlled
I'd be spending a few months there at least. If I find someplace I really like, and something that I like doing, I would consider staying.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally I would not spend any day in Portland but I am not a city person.

Foliage should be good in the white mountains if that if your thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So I have an extra day on the last day.

Should I spend that one day somewhere else or spend it in Portland?
View Quote
Quoted:
Personally I would not spend any day in Portland but I am not a city person.

Foliage should be good in the white mountains if that if your thing.
View Quote
Kinda agree with Haoleb on that
But then again, I live/work outta Portland. (I work on the ocean so I don't have to deal with the idiots in the city)

Depends what you like mojo. Tons of restaurants and bars in/around Portland. If you like the city type style, I'd stay. I honestly have no advice as to where to go. I don't like Maine. The weather sucks. Almost as bad as the people. I don't go sight seeing so can't help you there either
You could always hit the range while you're here
Howells in Gray
Windham shooting range in (you guessed it) Windham

If you like the ocean and wanna go out to check out some stuff, go to commercial Street in Portland. Tons of boats. Some whale watching. Handful of boats will take you out lobstering for a couple hours ("lucky catch" is one operation. Think it's $35/person), others will take you charter fishing, and so on....
Really all I can think of.
Someone else may chime in....

I'll be down in your neck of the woods in a few months
Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
If you do stay in Portland, probably the best thing to do besides hit up places to eat would be to get on a ferry ride. They have one called the mailboat run that hits up several islands and takes a couple hours. If it is not too cold and the weather is nice it can a nice way to just cruise around Casco bay.

Can also be nice to take the ferry out to Peaks island and have lunch or dinner at the Inn on Peaks. Last couple times I went the food was good but it's been a few years.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top