Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2021 10:53:20 AM EDT
Thinking about finally coming up to see the Cody Firearms Museum in August with my 12-y-o son.  Any recommendations on where to stay (or where to avoid) for a long weekend?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Cody hotel and Best Western (not the BW motor inn) are both good.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Try the cowboy cabins next to old Trail town.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Much obliged!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you want to be able to walk to the museum from the hotel?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really an issue one way or the other.  I'm driving 7 hours from CO, I can drive another 10 minutes to the building itself.

Mostly, I'm looking for clean, comfortable, and not bank-breaking.  I suppose a pool might be nice for when the museum closes, but also not a deal-breaker.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to grab a beer if you're coming through Cheyenne, hit me up.
Looking forward to the aar. Wife wants to get up to Cody for a trip soon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really an issue one way or the other.  I'm driving 7 hours from CO, I can drive another 10 minutes to the building itself.

Mostly, I'm looking for clean, comfortable, and not bank-breaking.  I suppose a pool might be nice for when the museum closes, but also not a deal-breaker.
View Quote
Most of the brand name hotels will be OK.  As far as cleanliness, they are all struggling for help so I can't speak for how the rooms are.  There's a Hampton Inn that just opened a few months ago.  But you'll have to do some price search and then narrowing from there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top