Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 5:22:59 PM EDT
Well it looks like Baylor is one of the first large not for profit hospital systems in north Texas that is about to start laying off people because If this crap.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Baylor-Scott--White-announces-layoffs-furloughs-due-to-COVID-19-570773981.html
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Same story just posted in the Dallas Morning News
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well it looks like Baylor is one of the first large not for profit hospital systems in north Texas that is about to start laying off people because If this crap.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Baylor-Scott--White-announces-layoffs-furloughs-due-to-COVID-19-570773981.html
View Quote

It was coming. They guaranteed jobs and pay through May but the volume isn't nearly back to where it needs to be to keep such a huge system running without cuts.

Our ED is maybe 50% as busy as it used to be. Surgeries are just starting to get back on track but still not where they were before.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was coming. They guaranteed jobs and pay through May but the volume isn't nearly back to where it needs to be to keep such a huge system running without cuts.

Our ED is maybe 50% as busy as it used to be. Surgeries are just starting to get back on track but still not where they were before.
View Quote

How much would you estimate that electives have come back so far?

Also it looks like hospitals are going to have a issue for the next serval months because of the Medicare advancements they all took.  The system I work for is starting to see a good uptick In elective procedures but it’s going to take some time for the payment pipeline to get caught up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Nm already posted
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
"they" told people to stay away.
people stayed away.

I see it as big business losing money is good, they have the clout to push the politicians to end this farce.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"they" told people to stay away.
people stayed away.

View Quote

And now there will be a increase in preventable deaths.  There is already a drop in strokes and heart attacks showing up in the ED.  The only way for this to happen is for people to ignore the symptoms they are having because they are afraid to get care because they think they will get COvid 19 and die.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup. But hey, lets destroy lives.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
On the radio that said Baylor, Scott & White was laying off 3 percent of their staff, said BS&W spent millions on stocking up ppe that never was used and not currently re-embursed.

The liars in the medical profession’ and their mouthpieces in the media told people not to go to emergency rooms and hospitals if they were having heart attacks, strokes or other emergencies. Also not to go to the hospitals for cancer treatment/diagnosis because all the hospitals would be overwhelmed with Covid-19 victims.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Just FYI, some of this cost cutting may have been initiated before beerbug blew up.  My wife had gotten instructions to reduce the budget for her department at the dental college just before everything closed down.  Beerbug hasn't helped, but money in the medical world was tight before it happened.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]
My dentist was closed for 6 weeks and when they finally reopened, their sanitation and PPE protocols were almost ridiculous. I’m not sure how they are doing it financially.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On the radio that said Baylor, Scott & White was laying off 3 percent of their staff, said BS&W spent millions on stocking up ppe that never was used and not currently re-embursed.

The liars in the medical profession’ and their mouthpieces in the media told people not to go to emergency rooms and hospitals if they were having heart attacks, strokes or other emergencies. Also not to go to the hospitals for cancer treatment/diagnosis because all the hospitals would be overwhelmed with Covid-19 victims.
View Quote

I have some family members that are trying to let their patients know that’s its ok to come in for their treatments but they are still scared that they will get Covid19 if they just walk out the door.  The problem is these people will die if they don’t get their treatment.  It doesn’t help when some in the press are still scaring the crap out of them just for ratings and political points.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have some family members that are trying to let their patients know that’s its ok to come in for their treatments but they are still scared that they will get Covid19 if they just walk out the door.  The problem is these people will die if they don’t get their treatment.  It doesn’t help when some in the press are still scaring the crap out of them just for ratings and political points.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a whole bunch of surgeries not done because of Covid-19 scare tactics. People needing stents put in or even heart surgery before they have massive heart failure. Cancer patients unable to get chemo treatments, or putting off cancer screenings.

I get so fucking sick of the quack medical like Fucci or media assholes like on CNN or PMSNBC. Love to see those retards have a massive heart attack right on the air!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And now there will be a increase in preventable deaths.  There is already a drop in strokes and heart attacks showing up in the ED.  The only way for this to happen is for people to ignore the symptoms they are having because they are afraid to get care because they think they will get COvid 19 and die.
View Quote

Already has been.  My dad died of heart failure on 5/4, after trying to get admitted to four different hospitals four times between 3/25 and 4/24.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:23:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a 94 year old Aunt that is afraid to go outside. She lives on an acre lot out in the countryside. I have to take her food and put out her trash. The Shanghai Shivers fear mongers did a job on the country. The sad part is she isn’t getting her exercise in and is visibly deteriorating.

Good Job Health Care Professionals.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The cuts were basically all in administrative staff, and the PPE is definitely getting used.

We still have plenty of COVID patients at the big hospitals around Dallas, but fortunately the big surge that was feared hasn't materialized.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How much would you estimate that electives have come back so far?
View Quote

Depends on the hospitals. At both of mine, it's back to as close to full capacity as the state will allow. Others aren't close. My understanding is that Parkland is very limited in what they're doing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The cuts were basically all in administrative staff, and the PPE is definitely getting used.

We still have plenty of COVID patients at the big hospitals around Dallas, but fortunately the big surge that was feared hasn't materialized.
View Quote

There was a large amount of administrative that were cut but they also cut some techs and those with licenses in smaller departments that were not being fully utilized.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#18]
hopefully some of it will come back once things normalize, but that'll take a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top