Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2020 8:43:52 AM EDT
This is insane.  Some stupid politician (mayor?) probably ordered the police to cite these folks.  
https://www.cbs42.com/news/hoover-barbershop-reopened-and-refuses-to-close/

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Disgusting!

I used to be a reserve deputy sheriff and have always been a staunch supporter of law enforcement.  But, the actions of some of those in law enforcement during this time have really gotten me questioning my support.  Some of them seem way to willing to be the mayor's/governor's/county commission's bully boys....
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I predict the court will toss the cites.
View Quote

Agreed.  But they'll probably have to hire an attorney, and take a day off, and go to court.  

People are complaining about the police.  They ought to be complaining to the mayor's office and the city council.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Here is my take on this. I think this is a good thing. Because like what happened after Katrina things were done wrong. It went to court and found to be wrong.

This has already happened in a FL case. The court cases that come out of this deal is going to be interesting.

I know a lot of us look at things right off the bat and know they are wrong. Others not so much.
View Quote
Both sides play the long game however. I never though things would be the way they are today. One step forward, two steps back is still losing ground.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Here is my take on this. I think this is a good thing. Because like what happened after Katrina things were done wrong. It went to court and found to be wrong. 

This has already happened in a FL case. The court cases that come out of this deal is going to be interesting. 

I know a lot of us look at things right off the bat and know they are wrong. Others not so much. 
View Quote

I really hope that one of the positive things that comes out of this is that law enforcement as a whole does a huge self-examination and learns from what happened.

But i'm afraid that some officers and some departments will not do so.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Imagine being the cop that has to earn a living fucking over their fellow citizens like this.

Wonder how well they sleep at night.  That's fucking pathetic on so many levels.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I just wish those who are "Just doin muh job" would honor their oath instead of I'll enforce this and let the courts settle it.

Anyone shucking personal responsibility for their own actions is sad. Dr Stanley Milgram figured this out years ago with his experiment.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Hoover used to be such a nice place.  Nowadays businesses are saying "adios" to Hoover and moving elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Hoover PD has historically been selectively "bullish" in my personal views over the years. I understand the need for "law and order", but I have also seen speed traps and other things, that ultimately result more so in revenue generation than "serving and protecting".  I realize that not all PDs are like this. Lawyers are already licking their chops over incidents like this.

JMHO, YMMV
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
If they are still open when all this stasi bullshit is over, that will be the first place I'll go for my haircut.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Hoover should have just turned a blind eye towards it and make the state enforce their bullshit order or make the state compel the city to enforce it. Either way it would be the Governor and her “advisors” that would have to take a bite of that shit sandwich. Just remember that all politics is local and you don’t bite the hand that feeds you, the city has done so. I hope there will be consequences for their lack of vision.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope lots of lawsuits clear things up. 
View Quote

FWIW, a lawyer that is part of the Alexander Shunaruh "family" of lawyers commented that lawsuits over businesses being shut down have already been filed around the state.  He wasn't able to give specifics, though.

The bad part is that if the plantiffs win, and I suspect they will, the awards will be paid in tax dollars.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dreiwhit:

I really hope that one of the positive things that comes out of this is that law enforcement as a whole does a huge self-examination and learns from what happened. 

But i'm afraid that some officers and some departments will not do so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Here is my take on this. I think this is a good thing. Because like what happened after Katrina things were done wrong. It went to court and found to be wrong. 

This has already happened in a FL case. The court cases that come out of this deal is going to be interesting. 

I know a lot of us look at things right off the bat and know they are wrong. Others not so much. 

I really hope that one of the positive things that comes out of this is that law enforcement as a whole does a huge self-examination and learns from what happened. 

Conservative, working class were the only LE supporters left. Once LE becomes the oppressors for their tyrant overlords, expect that to evaporate.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 3:54:23 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Hoover PD has a history of being on the wrong side of incidents. During the 2018 Black Friday Thanksgiving night at the Galleria mall shooing they failed to get control of the criminal acts caused by the lead protesters Frank Matthews and Carlos Chaverst. Mostly warnings were issued with kid gloves. While the stores at the Galleria suffered major financial loss. The continued trespassing and disorderly conduct inside the mall, stores and roadways made the average shopper to continually stay away.

This is shameful that HPD showed up in force to strong arm small business owner to close their doors. Hoover PD has a lot of great guys but their mayor and upper brass is calling the shots.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By imonkeyman:

Hoover PD has a history of being on the wrong side of incidents. During the 2018 Black Friday Thanksgiving night at the Galleria mall shooing they failed to get control of the criminal acts caused by the lead protesters Frank Matthews and Carlos Chaverst. Mostly warnings were issued with kid gloves. While the stores at the Galleria suffered major financial loss. The continued trespassing and disorderly conduct inside the mall, stores and roadways made the average shopper to continually stay away. 

This is shameful that HPD showed up in force to strong arm small business owner to close their doors. Hoover PD has a lot of great guys but their mayor and upper brass is calling the shots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By imonkeyman:
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
This is insane.  Some stupid politician (mayor?) probably ordered the police to cite these folks.  
https://www.cbs42.com/news/hoover-barbershop-reopened-and-refuses-to-close/

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126713/Hoover_barbershop_reopens_refuses_to_clo-1400301.JPG

Hoover PD has a history of being on the wrong side of incidents. During the 2018 Black Friday Thanksgiving night at the Galleria mall shooing they failed to get control of the criminal acts caused by the lead protesters Frank Matthews and Carlos Chaverst. Mostly warnings were issued with kid gloves. While the stores at the Galleria suffered major financial loss. The continued trespassing and disorderly conduct inside the mall, stores and roadways made the average shopper to continually stay away. 

This is shameful that HPD showed up in force to strong arm small business owner to close their doors. Hoover PD has a lot of great guys but their mayor and upper brass is calling the shots.

Actually, I thought that Hoover handled the situation pretty well.  Without going into details, they allowed the protestors their time until they started getting out of control and then Hoover put them in their place.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#24]
The legal aspects of the Galleria case were far reaching with  many national implications. I can understand it if they moved carefully and deliberately allowing the “protestors” to do themselves in.

On topic, someone else nailed it with the blind-eye observation.  Hoover made a poor choice, imho.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RedDane:
The legal aspects of the Galleria case were far reaching with  many national implications. I can understand it if they moved carefully and deliberately allowing the “protestors” to do themselves in.

On topic, someone else nailed it with the blind-eye observation.  Hoover made a poor choice, imho.
View Quote

Could you Please Cite that "Poor Choice"?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 1ipschoser:

Conservative, working class were the only LE supporters left. Once LE becomes the oppressors for their tyrant overlords, expect that to evaporate.
View All Quotes

Conservative, working class were the only LE supporters left. Once LE becomes the oppressors for their tyrant overlords, expect that to evaporate.

Liberals hate cops because Liberals want to be able to run wild.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By gunham:

Could you Please Cite that "Poor Choice"?
View All Quotes
The legal aspects of the Galleria case were far reaching with  many national implications. I can understand it if they moved carefully and deliberately allowing the “protestors” to do themselves in.

On topic, someone else nailed it with the blind-eye observation.  Hoover made a poor choice, imho.

Citing the barber shop and stylists for working?

@gunham

For clarities sake.. I’m commenting on two different things here - the Galleria mall shooting and Hoover citing the barbershop owners.  Hoover handling of mall shooting good, Hoover handling of barber shop not so good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Liberals hate cops because Liberals want to be able to run wild.
View All Quotes

Liberals hate cops because Liberals want to be able to run wild.

Liberals love cops when they enforce the Liberal agenda.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Never Mind.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Sorry, but we were talking about poor decisions made about the Galleria Shooting.
View All Quotes

Citing the barber shop and stylists for working?

@gunham

For clarities sake.. I’m commenting on two different things here - the Galleria mall shooting and Hoover citing the barbershop owners.  Hoover handling of mall shooting good, Hoover handling of barber shop not so good.

Sorry, but we were talking about poor decisions made about the Galleria Shooting.

I think Hoover did a great job on that one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Front page of AL.com has lots of stories of LE refusing to follow .gov orders, they are pissed about it.

View All Quotes

Front page of AL.com has lots of stories of LE refusing to follow .gov orders, they are pissed about it.

That’s good to see. I can’t say I’m surprised. Most police I know are salt of the earth common sense types.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#32]

I think Hoover did a great job on that one. 
View All Quotes

@gunham

For clarities sake.. I’m commenting on two different things here - the Galleria mall shooting and Hoover citing the barbershop owners.  Hoover handling of mall shooting good, Hoover handling of barber shop not so good.

I thought that Hoover did the best possible on the Galleria situation.  I too, do not approve of the citing of the barber.  I don't like people losing their businesses because of this stuff. But if you didn't enforce the rule, then other stores would instantly ignore the health orders and open up. I fully expect the deaths to quadruple once we open up businesses again but I don't know how you can keep the world shut down any longer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#33]

I thought that Hoover did the best possible on the Galleria situation.  I too, do not approve of the citing of the barber.  I don't like people losing their businesses because of this stuff. But if you didn't enforce the rule, then other stores would instantly ignore the health orders and open up. I fully expect the deaths to quadruple once we open up businesses again but I don't know how you can keep the world shut down any longer.
View All Quotes

@gunham

I thought that Hoover did the best possible on the Galleria situation.  I too, do not approve of the citing of the barber.  I don't like people losing their businesses because of this stuff. But if you didn't enforce the rule, then other stores would instantly ignore the health orders and open up. I fully expect the deaths to quadruple once we open up businesses again but I don't know how you can keep the world shut down any longer.

That’s where I’m coming from.  As a society it appears that we are caught between a rock and a hard place.  I thought we were in agreement - just a misunderstanding.

At this point I think a measured approach of having the at risk self isolate or carry out lab protocol is the only way we are going to make it out of this without further carnage.

Several things are for sure now, more people are going to work from home... the economy is going to carry black scars for a long time, and a whole lot of people have either outed themselves as lemmings or petty tyrants. We are going to be gunshy for a long time to come.  People are going to have to start wearing masks and take hygiene a little more seriously too (it will have to be a personal choice not a .gov mandate).
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought that Hoover did the best possible on the Galleria situation.  I too, do not approve of the citing of the barber.  I don't like people losing their businesses because of this stuff. But if you didn't enforce the rule, then other stores would instantly ignore the health orders and open up. I fully expect the deaths to quadruple once we open up businesses again but I don't know how you can keep the world shut down any longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The legal aspects of the Galleria case were far reaching with  many national implications. I can understand it if they moved carefully and deliberately allowing the "protestors" to do themselves in.

On topic, someone else nailed it with the blind-eye observation.  Hoover made a poor choice, imho.

Could you Please Cite that "Poor Choice"?

Citing the barber shop and stylists for working?

@gunham

For clarities sake.. I'm commenting on two different things here - the Galleria mall shooting and Hoover citing the barbershop owners.  Hoover handling of mall shooting good, Hoover handling of barber shop not so good.

Sorry, but we were talking about poor decisions made about the Galleria Shooting.

I think Hoover did a great job on that one.

This stopped being about a virus a long fucking time ago.  It's time for America to get back to being America and doing our jobs.  This doomer shit is bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top