Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2018 4:43:00 PM EDT
I went to renew our corporate range membership to find they are no longer doing the program or any 1 year memberships. Instead 4 month memberships at $100 each. I am floored. I and crew go maybe a dozen times a year at most, combined, and now I am searching for a new range. Their range, their rules, and I get that, however I am now going to find a new range.

I know of at least one other business that had a corporate membership for employees that will be affected.  Outside of my membership there, I have no reason to frequent the store anymore. It is unreal to me.

Even by paying for 4 months, on a short time window, human behaviour means most buyers would go more often and take away from open walk in slots as the clock is ticking v.s. an annual membership, the card may just sit in your wallet for months at a time.

I don't know their finances but I am just baffled by this decision as it is basically running away paying business which in turn will reduce foot traffic (cross selling firearms, rentals, food sales, etc.)

Maybe I am wrong, maybe this is a great move for them, but I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

Best of luck to them, because once my membership runs out this month, I have no reason to return as it stands.

***Edit to add a shout out to Kerry @ HTF for helping out and getting us set up!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#1]
We are revamping all of our memberships to change with the times. If you would like to keep your corporate membership like you have you ABSOLUTELY can. I have just been busy and we havent had a chance to look at the corporate plan. We are trying to make sure everybody is getting their moneys worth. Feel free to message me and we will get it worked out. Sorry for hour experience today.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Just want to shout out to Kerry at Hoover Tactical for taking care of everything. Thank you again and I wish you and all of the staff at HTF a Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I like the 4 month for 100.00 plan.  I was a member after they moved and first opened.  I believe I paid 300.00/yr which worked out to being 4 months for 100.  Now instead of paying 300 all at once, I can do it over time.  The one thing I do wish was an actually list of benefits listed somewhere about being a member.   I was not aware FFL transfers are free for members.  Cool Bonus!
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, they are discontinuing the 4 month deal now as well.  If you want to renew the 4 month for 100.00 you have to do it before the end of this month (March).  I really liked the idea, but the guy working the counter said management is getting rid of it.  =(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top