Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2021 1:12:14 PM EDT
A man preforming a "2nd Amendment audit" parades down the street with several exposed handguns and an AR-15 which triggers a police response and school lockdown in Homer. If you wonder why people want more laws, this man is begging for them.

With every right comes a responsibility. WWMT Channel 3 news has a small article. It's impossible for the average citizen to know this person's mindset. Causing a panic and a police response gives every gun owner a black eye.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What law was he breaking besides your butthurt?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What law was he breaking besides your butthurt?
View Quote

The law of 'common sense' for starters.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The same law of common sense that use to let kids take gun to school and on the school bus for skeet class?  The same law of common sense that use to let kids take guns in their cars to hunt with?

As much as the news makes you think people are killing each other everywhere, the statistics show shootings are only happening in the inner cities.  You have been duped into being a nancy Karen.  You are trusting the news more than your own eyes.

That man is not any different than the kids from years ago.  He is just an outcome of the news and leftists trying to erode your rights, he wants to keep them.  And you fell for the lie.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
That man is an agent provocateur, or a fool intentionally creating scenes in public to gain attention or cause a police response.

Law enforcement told him he had a malicious destruction of property warrant out of another county, they should have arrested him then. That little tidbit is all I need to know about this asshat.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Even asshats have rights.  And asshats may be the first ones to push back.  Too many people have just rolled over and let the leftists take over, in order to not be called asshats.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That man is an agent provocateur, or a fool intentionally creating scenes in public to gain attention or cause a police response.

Law enforcement told him he had a malicious destruction of property warrant out of another county, they should have arrested him then. That little tidbit is all I need to know about this asshat.
View Quote

Well without the warrant what did he do that was illegal?
I mean your screen name tells me all I need to know. We know you aren't law enforcement and a wanna be larper.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A man preforming a "2nd Amendment audit" parades down the street with several exposed handguns and an AR-15 which triggers a police response and school lockdown in Homer. If you wonder why people want more laws, this man is begging for them.

With every right comes a responsibility. WWMT Channel 3 news has a small article. It's impossible for the average citizen to know this person's mindset. Causing a panic and a police response gives every gun owner a black eye.

View Quote

So you're saying they failed the audit?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haven't you guys been paying attention to current events ??  White-conservative-gun owners are considered terrorist now, it might be "legal" but it's bad optics even during the best of times, it's an example of just because it's 'legal' doesn't mean you have to do it, look at those clowns that showed up to protest the lock downs in their 'Ted Nugent cosplay', all the media focused on was those armed white supremacist, and not the message of the rally.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone has a different level of tolerance when it comes to civil disobedience.  That being said, we need more of it, not less, and we need to support those who have a higher tolerance for civil disobedience and are forging the trail for all of us.

https://opensourcedefense.substack.com/p/osd-114-one-size-fits-each

OSD 114: One size fits each

Civil disobedience as a decentralized discovery process for finding the optimal noncompliance strategies.
View Quote

A couple Instagram posts made a bit of a stir this week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-wokhBo1U/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN_eXOLBVu9/

Both of these come down to civil disobedience, the principled refusal to comply with an unjust law. And that’s controversial, because it requires people to hold two somewhat dissonant ideas at the same time:

1.  It’s socially valuable to have people publicly not complying with unjust laws.

2.  It’s individually costly to not comply.

This is really just a specific instance of the general concept of sacrifice. In economic terms, the name for this is “positive externalities” — an individual’s private choices creating benefits for uninvolved third parties.

The cognitive dissonance comes from the fact that while someone may recognize the social value of civil disobedience, they might not be willing to personally bear the risks of delivering that value. That’s uncomfortable, and potentially even shameful. And as each person in a community navigates that internal discomfort, they each find their own personal risk tolerance threshold. When people with different thresholds try to decide whose threshold is “right”, an argument happens.

And you know what? That’s fine. It’s good, even. People with high risk tolerance forge a path. That’s awesome. Some will pay off and some won’t. That is a discovery process to efficiently identify the best paths forward. People with low risk tolerance will fall in once effective paths are mapped. And sure, it’d be better to have more support earlier, but the other side of that coin is that people need to pick their battles. They can’t sustainably pick fights they’re guaranteed to lose.

So the optimal community-level strategy is that each person picks the (metaphorical) battle where they personally are going to be effective.

A good example of this from recent history: New York’s SAFE Act only achieved a 4% compliance rate because, through an incremental process of civil disobedience, upstate communities decided they just wouldn’t comply.

When people take on personal legal risks in order to peacefully benefit the community, that’s socially valuable. It’s how positive social movements have always worked. Along the way, there are going to be disagreements about the “right” level of risk tolerance. But here’s the thing: there is no one “right” level of risk. It’s a personal thing, and each person thinking about how they’re best-positioned to contribute is a great thing. That’s how we’ll find the best paths as a community.

It’s good to see “ranges shouldn’t ask to see NFA paperwork” becoming table stakes. Onward from there.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Haven't you guys been paying attention to current events ??  White-conservative-gun owners are considered terrorist now, it might be "legal" but it's bad optics even during the best of times, it's an example of just because it's 'legal' doesn't mean you have to do it, look at those clowns that showed up to protest the lock downs in their 'Ted Nugent cosplay', all the media focused on was those armed white supremacist, and not the message of the rally.
View Quote

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you should speak.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I mean your screen name tells me all I need to know. We know you aren't law enforcement and a wanna be larper.
View Quote

You are right, I am not law enforcement, but I support law enforcement and always will. I don't even know what a larper is. Maybe I should wanna be......
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, now who's common sense 'challenged'
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You are right, I am not law enforcement, but I support law enforcement and always will. I don't even know what a larper is. Maybe I should wanna be......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larper is -- Live Action Role Play, it's a thing with people that play those table top/card games like Dungeons & Dragons, Magic the Gathering, etc, in that they dress in costume, use foam swords, rubber balls for 'lighting bolts', and play the game that way, it's super nerd/geek stuff.

For here it's an 'insult' for those that have all this police/military gear, and are neither, which is ironic since about 98% of the people on this forum do just that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, you are going to have to try harder than that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I back the blue too, but I am not trying to trick people into assuming I am leo with my screen name.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubtful
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Doubtful
View Quote

It seems you think you are slick with your troll attempt.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought you didn't arrest on somebody else's warrant unless you contacted them and they told you they'd come pick him up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top