Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2021 6:30:51 PM EDT
I have a question for those of you on Tacoma. I had an appt there the other day and was surprised by the lack of homeless.
     Olympia and Seattle seem to have homeless everywhere.  I didnt see any in Tacoma.  Was I just in the wrong area. I was by the Tacoma mall.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not really on the up and up on Tacoma politics or what's going on down there, but a google search does show that there are a number or articles discussing the matter at length constantly in "print". So it does appear to be a topic of concern. However I can't imagine how a city could get a city council any worse than  Seattle has... so even if they do have a measurable homeless problem, it would appear they are at least trying to do something to curb the issue whereas Seattle seems to be doing any and everything it can to make the issue worse.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't Auburn pass a law about no tents unless the shelters were all full? At least that seems like the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
there are a few between st joe and tacoma general
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
There's plenty of them downtown (near surplus arms).

There was a pretty good sized group of car/rv dwellers a couple of streets behind the mall too, but I think it was cleaned up somewhat recently.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a tiny house village behind the church across from sonic on 6th ave. See quite a few roaming that end of 6th

Went to walmart on union the other day and they are just about out of carts. There was a whole line of them on the bike path next to 16 above snake lake. I think there's an encampment in there after the city cleaned out one at china lake. The woods above schuster parkway have a few spots too

There are lots of wooded areas around Tacoma to hide in
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a tiny house village behind the church across from sonic on 6th ave. See quite a few roaming that end of 6th

Went to walmart on union the other day and they are just about out of carts. There was a whole line of them on the bike path next to 16 above snake lake. I think there's an encampment in there after the city cleaned out one at china lake. The woods above schuster parkway have a few spots too

There are lots of wooded areas around Tacoma to hide in
View Quote

Sounds like you're in my area. Yep there's more than a few. I'll take a few pictures and post them up later.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds like you're in my area. Yep there's more than a few. I'll take a few pictures and post them up later.
View Quote

Would it kill you to take a few carts back to walmart and target?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would but I'm too busy retrieving my lawn cans from the crackheads that camp in the field across the street from me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Many are in the "Jungle", the old municipal airport. Many between TG and St. Joe's. Tacoma has plenty, just need to know where to look.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Didn't Auburn pass a law about no tents unless the shelters were all full? At least that seems like the right direction.
View Quote

Maybe that’s why I see so many living in cars now.

I drive by 4 on one little street going to work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
There are 2 side streets by Tacoma General where there are tents and shelters lined up for a couple of blocks.

rob
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I was appalled at the homeless in Federal Way.  I'm sure the come from Seattle.  When your state doesn't prosecute crime and gives free shit away........what audience do you expect to come??????   Fuck you Jay.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was appalled at the homeless in Federal Way.  I'm sure the come from Seattle.  When your state doesn't prosecute crime and gives free shit away........what audience do you expect to come??????   Fuck you Jay.
View Quote
We can be friends...
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#14]
There's plenty down here in the Port. Lots of DOT land down here and the homeless are everywhere on it. Fife tries to clear them out but the tweakers know exactly where Tacoma city limits, county land and DOT land are. Big F'n game for these two-legged rats.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
go to a public park or drive down yakima ave ... plenty of homeless
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m surprised at how well they have kept the trash from setting up camps under the I5/16 interchange by Tacoma Screw.

We had one of the rats with his cart of shit and mattress, stand in the corner outside a building and begin jerking off in full public view.
Fucking disgusting
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps they put them all on busses and sent them to Spokane? Their all over the place downtown, along the river, and every overpass.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’m surprised at how well they have kept the trash from setting up camps under the I5/16 interchange by Tacoma Screw.

We had one of the rats with his cart of shit and mattress, stand in the corner outside a building and begin jerking off in full public view.
Fucking disgusting
View Quote

They made up for it under the freeway next to SAA downtown.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Perhaps they put them all on busses and sent them to Spokane? Their all over the place downtown, along the river, and every overpass.
View Quote

It appears they sent quite a few to Wenatchee as well. What I find interesting is only a couple are not overweight and without phones. WTF??
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's 10x worse than you think/know

People are getting sick of it, and have started cleaning up things on their own. The mayor threatened to arrest/fine people, for pulling carts out of the drug encampments, and putting them near the sidewalk and reporting them via an app, to be picked up, AS DIRECTED TO DO BY THE CITY.

www.standupfederalway.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3747908228641788

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1391529697883105

The map on there of reported encampments is the 'public' map.... The private map looks like this.....

Also, Union Gospel Mission bought property, and was allowing it to be used by heroin addicts. It got so bad that even UGM had to pull the plug and ask for help clearing the land..

EVERY drug encampment has a bicycle chop shop, with dozens of bikes... Stolen items all over the place.. needles littered everywhere. Needles provided by the county, at no charge. They also provide meth/crack pipes, and condoms.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top