Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  Welcome home
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in Auburn and actually like the place.  Unfortunately, this type of stupid shit happens everywhere and as I always tell my family, make sure to keep your heads up and eyes open, while looking for things out of the norm.  My better half, thinks I’m a nut since I have her open the door while I stay alert and watching our surroundings, so “I” can respond accordingly to any threats.  

Predators are looking for soft targets AND they’re watching you to see how you respond.  A couple of years ago, I thought that was about to be “jacked” in the Safeway parking lot, while putting groceries in the back of my vehicle.  One homeless bum approached me from one angle, while walking faster than normal, causing me to off-line and circle towards his back, which caused him to change his direction of travel, without stopping…  While moving, I saw bum #2 make an abrupt change in direction as well.  Not 100% sure if they were attempting to rob me since they could have just been two zombies high on meth.

Point being is that you have to stay alert to your surroundings at all times.  Criminals are looking for soft targets and normally avoid targets that might resist.

Being a retired law enforcement officer and spending half my career in New York City, I’m use to this type of shit.

Hell, I grew up in Seattle back in the 1970s…  Yes, I’m old, but I remember in the Beacon Hill area, around 1979, there were several home invasions by Asian gang members, that targeted other Asians.  I remember this since my best friend was Chinese and it happened to one of his cousins.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife pay attention to what's going on around her?

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife pay attention to what's going on around her?

View Quote

Same. Except I've guilted mine so bad when she is with our 3 little ones on her own she's on high alert. If I'm there though it's back to lackadaisical happy go lucky land. I'll take it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top