Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2023 9:27:08 AM EDT
We’re about to move back to NoVA this summer and have been looking at a home built by NVP Inc., whose office is in Manassas. The specs look great, we love the design, but there seems to be very little information about the builder that we can find. Just three typical Yelp reviews - 5-star, 3-star, and 1-star. Our realtor has a great reputation, very knowledgeable, and not even she has heard of them. Does anyone have experience with them that can provide feedback? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
@LexConcord might know…he is a NoVa builder.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@LexConcord might know…he is a NoVa builder.
View Quote

Yeah, I know of them.  I’ve been building near/ around them for a long time.

They’re a small, privately owned “production builder”.  They’re not custom, but offer selections based off of their existing models and floor plans.  Kinda like an Augustine or Atlantic, but smaller, “family homes”, where the others will have some estate styles.

I haven’t heard anything other than the typical complaints that people have about production builders, or home builders in general, so as far as quality goes, it’s mostly fit and finish stuff.  Their finishes are a little dated, and you can expect vinyl siding, limited hardwood/ LVP selections, etc. as is the norm in the area and for that type of home.  I’ve been through many of their homes and models, have seen them build, and don’t have anything overtly negative to say at all.  All in all, they seem to build a nice production home at their price point and locations.  Just don’t expect custom level finishes, and you should be happy.

They predominantly build in the Prince William Gainesville, Bristow, Woodbridge areas,  but had some going up in Clifton a while back.  They typically do small communities, and a few scattered lots here and there.

Now, they are a small, family owned company, and their President, Harry Ghadban passed away at the end of 2021.  I’ve met Harry many times over the years. He was a good guy who gave a shit about his company and his houses. Too many small “builders” don’t.  He’ll be missed.  Especially at the NVBIA functions.

I haven’t spoken to his family, and I’m not part of the discussion, so take this for what its worth, but word in the local industry is, his wife/ family don’t want to keep the company going, and will be finishing out building on what lots they have, in the near future.  So, without Harry at the helm, and the potential for closing up shop, I’m not sure what current quality standards are today.  But, again, during Harry’s reign, they gave a shit, and built a good product in desirable areas at a decent price point.

(FWIW - in this industry, not taking an opportunity to talk shit about another builder says something in itself)

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you very much for the quick feedback! Both my realtor and I found it really helpful. I’ll probably post more in a few days about our experience with them as we look at one of their homes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you looking at one of the 3 communities in Prince William listed on their website?

Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it's in that area. Without saying too much, it's been a little challenging getting information from them, so we may go a different route. Lots of home listings showing up now in the area as we get into May.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
You're familiar with the area?
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, but we're looking all across the area from Woodbridge up to Fairfax and out to Gainesville. I have concerns about the Woodbridge / Potomac Mills area so keep looking further west. I'm certainly open to feedback.

Edit: I'll also add that what I used to think of as "Woodbridge" back when I lived in Alexandria is really southern Manassas, the area farther west of Dale City. That was a bit of a mental adjustment when we started looking for homes this year. So I should probably say that we're looking from Manassas up to Fairfax and then farther out west.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll PM you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're going to live in/around Woodbridge, choose the outskirts. There's an NVP community at the corner of Spriggs and Minnieville...that's a decent area for eastern PWC. I'm very close to there.

If it were me, I'd be looking a little farther out...either toward Nokesville on Aden Rd or toward Manassas off Bristow Rd. Nice areas with more space and less people, and still not too far from things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top