Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/13/2018 5:17:22 PM EDT
Just curious if there are quality ranges in/near Columbus that allow you to draw from concealed and also do reloads, drills, etc.  Essentially tactical practice?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just curious if there are quality ranges in/near Columbus that allow you to draw from concealed and also do reloads, drills, etc.  Essentially tactical practice?
View Quote
None that I know of.. they are all about the liability ...  good luck in your search
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree the rules at Vances change every few months because there lawyers come up with something new.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Some private clubs will, but can't think of any indoor ones.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Those dividers in indoor ranges aren't bullet proof.  I'm the only person I trust doing draws and reloads in an indoor range.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those dividers in indoor ranges aren't bullet proof.  I'm the only person I trust doing draws and reloads in an indoor range.
View Quote
No your not..
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
AimHi allows members to draw from a holster.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Looking at some of the hits on target holders and spots where people actually hit the ceiling of the range its no wonder why they need to be cautious.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I THINK the cardinal shooting center north of Columbus  on 71 does   They have concrete walls dividing the pistol bays

That’d be the only place I can think of other than... private clubs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]
This likely isn't an option for you (2 hour drive) but for the benefit of others AJ Harris Tactical in Massillon does if you have a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I THINK the cardinal shooting center north of Columbus  on 71 does   They have concrete walls dividing the pistol bays

That’d be the only place I can think of other than... private clubs.
View Quote
Not sure, since the RSO is a ODNR employee.  Probably have to abide by ODNR rules.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you visiting, or do you live here?

There is a range in Springfield (Mad River Armory) that has a tactical course every other Wednesday night.

Price is reasonable, teacher is good, and range owner is really friendly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Practice at home with no ammo in the gun. Do dry-fire drills.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Dillon sportsman in newark(ish)... great guys, been going there for years.. all the holster,  sbr, machine gun,  etc. No question... as long as your not a tard about it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I know of none but private clubs. Usually the ODNR guys are anal, but you may ask there. I'd recommend PCSI if you want a local club.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top