Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2021 1:03:42 PM EDT
Syracuse.com

New York is imposing a statewide mask wearing mandate in indoor public places.

Gov. Kathy Hochul announced the action this morning.

The action comes in response to rising levels of Covid and increasing hospitalizations.

The mandate takes effect Monday and will remain in place until Jan. 15, when the state re-evaluates whether it’s still necessary based on conditions.

Masks must be worn in all indoor places unless businesses or other venues require patrons to show proof of vaccination. The indoor mask requirement applies to all people ages 2 and older.
View Quote

She can fuck off. I don't think there is going to be too much cooperation from people this time around. Two counties (Cortland and Onondaga) I'm aware of have already come out and said they won't be enforcing it at the local level although I suspect that's more to do with the fact they weren't told it was coming than on principal......
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Well make it 3, Madison county has said they aren't enforcing it either

Madison County announced it will not enforce the mandate.

“We will continue to recommend that residents get vaccinated and wear masks in public places to help protect himself or herself from the virus, but in no way believe it should be mandated,” Madison County Board Chairman John M. Becker said in a prepared statement. “The choice to vaccinate and protect oneself belongs to the individual.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Rockland County Too.

I think it's because the Hasidic Jewish population largely shuns these things.  But that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The charade is over. Enforceable laws are created by separate and equal sections of our government. Everything else is just intimidation and tyranny.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I truly believe I should get a medical exemption from mask usage.  I don't want to delve into the reasons here, and I know that the "mandate" does not provide for any exemptions, but I wonder if anyone has a lawyer they could recommend.  I seriously want to file suit against the state, name Hochul in particular, and any businesses that will not provide me service.

Does anyone know of a Saul Goodman type attorney who would want to test the waters with a case like this?  I'm tired of getting pushed around.  It's time to fight back.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Tompkins County is enforcing it but we've been masked up again since the end of summer
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
In Erie county (of all places) I've encountered several places with signs on the door starting something along the lines of:

"Nys and erie have mandated masks for all regardless of vax status. If you are not wearing a mask, we will politely assume you have a medical exemption"

Good for them, businesses are put in a shit position as the state tries to strong arm them into being their secret police.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:00:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What?
View Quote

Its been voluntary and highly suggested but Ithaca being Ithaca, most places you go indoors 95% of the people have been masked since Delta became a thing. I changed grocery stores because the little family owned grocery store in Dryden was the only one in the area where most people weren't masked and noone treated me like a leper for not being masked
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I have not heard about Nassau and Suffolk yet but I am sure it will be heavily enforced since we tend to be only slightly less f__cist about enforcing government control of citizens as NYC is.

I have had a mask slung around my neck most of the time in supermarkets and Walmart since the mandate went away last spring. Only put it on if I felt there was a potential issue which was quite rare. Since I do not expect Walmart or any of the supermarkets to be checking my Excelsior Pass (I have the QR code on my iPhone), which would allow for the vaccine verification the governor is demanding, masks will be required.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I got used to wearing a mask last year, so much so I’d slip it on outdoors to keep my face warm.  Most of the winter I wear a balaclava anyway.  We hike during the worst of winter, and I’m 100% covered, including eyes.  So stopping at the market makes no difference except to avoid overheating.

The politics of it, well this is NY.  We have worse problems than masks.  You want to make a statement, carry a 30 round AK mag around your neck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Will not comply...
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I told Broome County Exec and the Gov via email that every business I enter that makes an issue of it, I will hand them my credit card and tell them to bill me for every fine they incur due to my defiance.
Can't wait for the reply....can't wait to go shopping!

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I worked in Ithaca all summer ( til thanksgiving), granted I only went to Home Depot and Subway but literally no one gave a crap about masks. No one wearing a mask felt like they needed to tell me about wearing a mask...

Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Nobody gives a shit in cattaraugus and allegany counties.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I worked in Ithaca all summer ( til thanksgiving), granted I only went to Home Depot and Subway but literally no one gave a crap about masks. No one wearing a mask felt like they needed to tell me about wearing a mask...

View Quote

I don't patronize Home Depot since my credit card was compromised there. Subways attitude has been to assume that people are vaccinated, which with 75% vaccination rates was a safe bet. You would have had a different experience in grocery stores,the mall or other indoor settings
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't patronize Home Depot since my credit card was compromised there.
View Quote
Just curious how you figured that out. One of my cards was compromised this summer but no idea where. Got a text message from my card company telling me I had an $85 Uber charge pending (set up text alerts long ago for $50+ - now $25+). They immediately put a hold on the charge, locked my card to any further online purchases (physical card purchases were still GTG) and in less than 24 hours confirmed it was fraudulent. Sent me a new card. It did help that I never had an Uber account to begin with.

Then a little over a month ago I got letters from two different banks telling me they could not approve my credit applications because my credit reports were frozen (did that long ago too and glad I did). Found out from one of the banks that someone was trying to apply for instant online approval using my name, address and last four digits of SS # (they did not have all nine digits - one bank said they would have tossed the application anyhow because all nine digits were not supplied). I had been curious as to how they expected to get the physical card when they were using my real mailing address. I have my USPS address registered to me through the USPS website so no forwarding could be set up without me knowing about it (plus I know our letter carrier and advised him to be on the lookout for any attempts at forwarding). But when I was told it was for instant online purchases, then it made sense. They never expected to get the physical card. Just hoped to get instant approval, make their purchases and forget about the account.

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just curious how you figured that out.

View Quote

Home Depot notified everyone who had used a card there that day that their database had been hacked and our numbers were compromised
Coincidentally the same week I was downstate at a school, and the other card I use for such things was compromised when I paid for the motel I stayed at.
I was without plastic and paying for everything with cash for well over a month because despite my bank saying they would get me new cards within a certain number of business days, the staff actually forgot to submit the new card requests until weeks later when I called back wondering where the new cards were.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Livingston County officially says FU

https://www.whec.com/livingston-county-ny-news/livingston-county-not-enforcing-ny-mask-mandate/6331040/?cat=565
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Ontario and Gennesee join the FU list.  

https://13wham.com/news/local/livingston-county-we-wont-enforce-mask-mandate
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Went to 2 places today - Home Depot & a local deli.
Both had new signs up.

Both were completely ignored - 0% compliance.
Employees didn't say shit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Both had new signs up.

View Quote

Awesome.

I’ve heard it’s up to 20 counties now. Including Dutchess and Saratoga.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Nassau said F.U
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Both had new signs up.

View Quote

What county?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I went to Wegmans today sign up 100% compliance
View Quote

What county?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What county?
View Quote

Suffolk.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Ontario county not enforcing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nassau said F.U
View Quote
Effective January 1, 2022 when Republican Bruce Blakeman takes over. For now, Democrat Laura Curran's will be enforcing it by referring all complaints to the Health Department.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Wayne county said they don't believe they can enforce it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Fake mask giving a NY discount today only.
Code is TRASHBALLKATHY.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wayne county said they don't believe they can enforce it.
View Quote

Garner in Broome County essentially said the same thing yesterday. He must have gotten a lot of action on his email sunday night cause it was fun listening to him squirm when asked about it in the interview. Something about it not being an executive order so the police can't enforce it and his health department is too busy doing other things.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fake mask giving a NY discount today only.
Code is TRASHBALLKATHY.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/888_jpg-2204252.JPG
View Quote
Already got my supply from them, 2 or 3 domain names ago.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#36]
https://t.me/c/1167982333/17732

I wonder if that can be seen by people outside of Telegram... well, this is a test post, then.

ETA: nope.  

ETA2:  Apparently, the guvna's press office said that her "mandate" was not an EO, so it's not enforceable anyway.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wonder if that can be seen by people outside of Telegram... well, this is a test post, then.

ETA2:  Apparently, the guvna's press office said that her "mandate" was not an EO, so it's not enforceable anyway.
View Quote

But the media won't tell the public that in the coverage of her edict
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

A friend of mine posted a video where someone called the governors press office asking for a signed copy of the EO.
They said there is no EO, & that the nonsense came from an unelected health department official.

Unfortunately the video isn't downloadable or shareable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Now our illustrious dictator is trying to get legislation to declare no one is vaccinated until they have a booster shot. Who did not see that coming? Especially when they said late this summer they were not planning to go that route?

Soon enough you will not be vaccinated unless you have the booster and the Omicron, Pi, Tau, Sigma and whatever new variants they discover vaccines. And masks will be required to be permanently stitched to your face to prevent removal under any circumstances.

It did not take the survey they released the other day to tell me that people in general are just fed up (I know I am in that camp). It is this ongoing game of Lucy and the football. "Follow the science" and then they change the science, the rules and the goal. Delta comes along and we are back in the same mode we were with Alpha. Start seeing the end of the Delta nonsense and along comes Omicron. Soon enough we will have exhausted the Greek alphabet and have to start all over. I got the J&J vaccine and now they are trying to eliminate it as an option. Yet my antibody tests showed I had a very high response still creating spike protein antibodies four months later.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Hochul Press Office (12-15-2021)
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#42]

OUTSTANDING. Yes we live in Clown World
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Fucking CUNT extended it till Feb 1 now.   You know it will continually be extended just like in the beginning.  Useless fucking face diapers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Fucking CUNT extended it till Feb 1 now.   You know it will continually be extended just like in the beginning.  Useless fucking face diapers.
View Quote
Absolutely. I look at the February 1st date as a joke because everyone with half a brain cell knows that by mid-January there will be a new date even further into the year. Frankly, I doubt we will see the face diaper mandate go away before the fall of 2022, if then. I worry that these politicians will go "France" on us and start mandating masks even outside as some states did a while back.

Most of the masks in use are a )#$%)(# joke. I myself wear a KN95 filter mask that has a silicone rubber seal. The primary purpose for it was to stop my eyeglasses from fogging up but the extra benefit is that no unfiltered air leaks in. It does have a small exhale filter too. I figure if I have to wear the damn thing then I should at least have one that is effective FOR ME. Everyone else is wearing ill fitting useless masks anyhow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#46]
I've already grown tired of seeing that cunts stretched leather face spouting bullshit every time she opens her useless cock holster
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Erie County is a shit show. we had a county mask mandate before Hochul re instituted the state one yet covid is running rampant. interesting stat that won't shut the libtards up though is that 47% of hospitalizations are fully vaccinated
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
...interesting stat that won't shut the libtards up though is that 47% of hospitalizations are fully vaccinated
View Quote
They do not want to be bothered with facts. Feelings are the guiding principal at play and if something "feels" wrong, even if it is right, it is wrong.

Remember Joe Biden's famous quote: "We choose truth over facts". I honestly do not think it was a misquote. I think it was a truly lucid moment that escaped his handlers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Remember Joe Biden's famous quote: "We choose truth over facts". I honestly do not think it was a misquote. I think it was a truly lucid moment that escaped his handlers.
View Quote

It actually happens a lot.  Biden: "We have the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics."  ABSOLUTELY.

Also, 0bama:  "My Muslim Faith..."  and "Michael and I..."

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence Counties have suggested it but nobody really gives a shit or says anything...
Stores/Shops are putting their plexiglass shields up and employees are "required" but again, most don't give a shit and will take them off when there aren't customers.
Ft. Drum has a requirement to wear one inside ALL Government Buildings and Facilities, but even there no one is really saying shit to civilians, and I'm not saying anything to anyone (green suit or not)....it would seem that most believe the mask to be bullshit, and only wear one where there's going to be conflict over it.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top