Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2021 3:49:04 PM EDT
So ya, it's crappy, icy weather.  Im in SWVA, on genny ops since early morning.  Coonman is gonna help us all out with an EO re: emergency storm preps and resources.

But for a friggin' month?  An entire month?

As per the EO issued 11FEB2021, it specificaly states the EO is in effect until 13 MAR2021.  Is this an office typo, typical 30 day gvmn't reg... or is fuckery afoot?

pdf link from office of Coonman
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Reading what you linked to, it seems harmless (unless I missed something).  Looks like it has more to do with circumventing bureaucracy to expedite response times, than anything else.  And I'm no fan of Northam.

Good evening! (from a wannbe country boy trapped in Northern VA)  
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's as meaningless as the National Air Defense Space NOTAM he received for the last time VCDL was allowed to lobby.   Also political posturing for appeal:

Governor Ralph Northam has been selected to serve as the Appalachian Regional Commission’s States’ Co-chair for 2021. As part of ARC’s unique federal-state partnership structure, the states’ co-chair works with the federal office of the ARC and fellow Appalachian state governors to invest in economic growth and development across the Region.

This guy sux
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they do this so they can fund resources to clean up.  

Things like fallen trees, power lines, roads take some time to  clean clear and rebuild.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they do this so they can fund resources to clean up.  

Things like fallen trees, power lines, roads take some time to  clean clear and rebuild.
View Quote

Of course, but this is not a unique situation to the mountainous SWVA in the winter.  I wish people would actually grill the SOB that is killing the Commonwealth, rather than suggest it's normal, it's not....read above.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I hate to attribute something like common sense and foresight to Coonman, but it might come in handy soon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I hate to attribute something like common sense and foresight to Coonman, but it might come in handy soon.
View Quote
Don't fool yourself.  It's all about weaseling money out of FEMA.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
48 hr. notice to submit invoices.

Imma bill 6 hrs. @ 150.00 per hour "Investigating and reporting storm related damage".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top