Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2021 1:34:30 PM EDT
My wife was just involved in a hit and run accident in DC. A Charger side swiped her. They both pulled over. A passenger in my wife's car got out. The Charger pulled away and took off. Plates were paper from Maryland. No one took pictures. They called 911 and filed a report. Apparently the cops in DC won't come to the scene for that.

This is pretty fresh. What's the way to track down a damaged Charger in DC-VA-MD?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Was your wife able to get the plates? Honestly- I wouldn’t waste your time. Just file the insurance claim and go on with your life. There isn’t going to be an investigation by the police. Just the way it is now.
DM if you have any specific questions.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have been on a cell phone camera in an instant. I think my wife believed there was going to be an exchange of insurance info when the other car pulled over briefly. No pictures of a plate. I know it's plain vanilla for DC and nothing will be done, and it will cost us some money. Thanks for an answer, though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 4:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Even if you had a pic of the plate, the tags were most likely stolen/outright fake/belonged to another vehicle and I can guarantee there no insurance on the vehicle.  And mpd is so busy with violent crime that its not surprising they wouldn't even respond.  Sucks but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Tags are bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tags are bullshit.
View Quote

And avoiding collisions is for suckers! We carry a high deductible, so we are out $1000. Total estimated damage is $5200. All for an excursion into the national anus.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And avoiding collisions is for suckers! We carry a high deductible, so we are out $1000. Total estimated damage is $5200. All for an excursion into the national anus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tags are bullshit.

I meant that the paper tags are bullshit.  Even if they show in the system, my money is they weren't belonging to that car.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I meant that the paper tags are bullshit.  Even if they show in the system, my money is they weren't belonging to that car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tags are bullshit.

For sure. I was told that paper plates are a common scam there, maybe everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top