Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2020 4:06:56 AM EDT
So my wife and i are highly considering leaving PA in the rear view. After an escape from NJ, PA isn't really all its cracked up to be.  We were thinking Alaska, but now we feel like Maine would be more feasible.  Closer to family still and all that. So as long as my work can transfer me, or I find a good job, which shouldn't be crazy hard as a trucker, we're thinking Maine looks great! My issue is I'm horrible at research and I constantly contradict my own findings with other findings. We narrowed our top choices to Fairmouth and Yarmouth.  Anyone know anything about them towns? Also, can I bring my semi auto boom sticks and "high" cap mags?  Are the firearm laws expected to change much for the state, in either direction?
Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The immediate outlook for firearms laws looks to me to be pretty stable for the next year or two. Beyond that, well who knows. Out of state people with their liberal views are moving up here in droves and every legislative session multiple bloomberg funded style bills come across the table. Right now you are GTG.

Falmouth and Yarmouth are two places where you should expect to be surrounded by wealthy leftists and you'll see them all clogging up the roads riding their bikes in groups around town and trying to out-do each-other by seeing who can put out more BLM, Love is love or Biden signs.

The same can be said for essentially most places from I95 to the coast. From I95 inland it is less prevalent.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats not very settling, haha. Im surrounded by leftists now too though. Chose that spot for the school. Any place you recommend a little more conservative?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#3]
west and north.

class A CDL?

https://mathewsbrothers.com/employment/

these guys are hiring and run adds and sponsor Howie Carr the new england conservative talk show host.

The towns you are looking at are expensive. A house there will cost what a 100 acre farm or lakefront costs further north.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Oxford county is Trump country Bigtime.
Bigtime.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info  guys. I appreciate your time. Im waiting to hear from my recruiter on transfer options now. We looked into things a bit more and unless I can get a transfer with my current employer,  it'll be a no go for now. I'll kee ya updated tho.  Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Im just north of Augusta and its pretty red in my area. Just sucks cause im still in the 1st district and get out voted by the mass amount of blue down by the surrounding Portland areas
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of great places for you to call home here.
You're likely going to want to get at least a bit north of falmouth and yarmouth. What are you looking for?
Maine is a great place to live. Not perfect, but we love it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top