Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2018 8:43:33 AM EDT
WaPo repprts that AG Mark Herring to run for Gov in 2021.  Fervently anti-2A politician.  Can the VaGOP get their act together to run a reasonable candidate?

Senate at risk in 2019, with the current slim margin and anti Trump sentiment.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
He runs he wins. Unless Fairfax runs. Then he wins.
The Va GOP won't win the state top 3 ever again.
We will most likely lose both houses in '19.

Va GOP voters have a bad case of muh candidate aint pure syndrome.
The dims will rally behind whatever piece of shit has a d behind their name.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Just want to remind everyone that Bob Sadtler and the VCDL were openly rejoicing in 2017 that we lost GOP legislators that weren't pure enough.  Guys like Dave Albo, who never helped us but who have been replaced by fervant anti-gun crusaders who are actively out to ban guns.

It's these short sighted troglodytes that cost us close elections.

We are almost certain to lose the Senate, it's a one vote margin and the last time we had senate elections was 2015.  None of the Senators have faced election in the new and much more challenging post-Trump electoral environment.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#3]
prepare for January 2020 legislative session.  Those 70 anti-gun bills defeated in 2018 might get defeated in 2019, but probably not 2020.

i already had the "honey, prepare to be married to a felon" conversation.  she did not like it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Someone in the national GOP admin needs to gut the VA GOP admin.  I f'ing hate the fact that my home state has become the southernmost northern state and is adopting NE style politics.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. Gov Herring will strip out what gun laws that Red Ralph and the left controlled GA don’t in ‘19.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
We have a VAGOP?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be out of the state by then, but its sad to see people are so purist about their candidate that they're willing to not vote for a winner out of whatever principle, and get a D put in. The dems will strip all gun rights out of this state, and it will become an extension of DC, MD, and the rest of the midatlantic and northeast. Back in 2015 I figured my guns would be safe in VA after leaving CT, but its only lasted a few years and I'll be heading to NC or back to TX. Sucks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll be out of the state by then, but its sad to see people are so purist about their candidate that they're willing to not vote for a winner out of whatever principle, and get a D put in. The dems will strip all gun rights out of this state, and it will become an extension of DC, MD, and the rest of the midatlantic and northeast. Back in 2015 I figured my guns would be safe in VA after leaving CT, but its only lasted a few years and I'll be heading to NC or back to TX. Sucks.
View Quote
Sadly, too many of your ex-neighbors have followed you south.  It seems for every one conservative minded northerner who makes it here, there are eleventeen northern libs seething to destroy the Old Dominion.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
This!!!  I hear it every election year and it drives me insane.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This.

Just want to remind everyone that Bob Sadtler and the VCDL were openly rejoicing in 2017 that we lost GOP legislators that weren't pure enough.  Guys like Dave Albo, who never helped us but who have been replaced by fervant anti-gun crusaders who are actively out to ban guns.

We are almost certain to lose the Senate, it's a one vote margin and the last time we had senate elections was 2015.  None of the Senators have faced election in the new and much more challenging post-Trump electoral environment.
View Quote
The road to hell is paved with good conservatives cucks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This.

Albo wasn't defeated.  He didn't run.  He presumably knew he couldn't win.  Having lived in his district for several years, it's a miracle he held on as long as he did.

Quoted:

Eventually we'll have another Democratic President, and then the Republicans will probably win.  Remember how McDonnell won by almost 20 points in '09, after Virginia went for Obama?

As for the 2019 elections, I guess we'll see.  I haven't given up all hope, though long-term, things don't look good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
And yet, across the river in Maryland, they have had two GOP governors in the last 18 years.

Prior to the last 18 years, there had been one GOP governor in Maryland since 1840.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top