Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 8:21:58 PM EDT
Been at this problem for almost 3 weeks. Very frustrating to say the least.

Trying to update my address on my FOID and updating my CCL as it expired last week (yes, this was my fault).

ISP website will not allow me to select a country and state on the drop down. It’s required so you have to do this step.

Call the help desk line and have literally hit every option 25 times over 3 weeks and keep getting the same “high volume” message and then it hangs up.

I’m lost and getting more frustrated by the day
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
@TWO_LABS

Have you tried different web browsers?  I know my wife had troubles renewing hers, and I can't remember which browser finally got the job done.  Try them all - IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
@edDinIL

I’ve tried a few both on a Mac and tried today at the PD on windows in IE. I’ll try a few others such as chrome and others. Thanks for the tip
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Theres been an ongoing issue for some where drop downs do not populate on some pages. Meh, app QA...who needs it... Ive read it needs to be fixed by the ISP to continue.  Could try asking for help through your state rep or senator.  Or register at illinoiscarry. Sometimes MollyB can get things fixed with ISP when others can not or try at swanhunter
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#4]
E-Mail sent!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
How about your renewal CCW instructor, do they offer help in getting your paperwork though ? Mind did.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#6]
It is not a browser issue. It is an issue with the website and ISP is the only ones that can fix it. I typically have students call their state rep and it is fixed the same day. If you get the right person on the line and have taken your class already they can cancel the expiration and renew your permit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the extra info on top of my suggestion.  I didn't realize the problem was that widespread (need to read specific threads on IC more closely) and that you could call your state rep to get it resolved.

I'll shut up and sit here quietly in the corner now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
As a side note to the issue. I have seen a trend that people that ignore the popup saying do not try this with a smartphone or tablet have this happen quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Jesse, are you having issues with the portal or do you have the solution ? My FOID expires on 6/01/20, I've been watching for the ISP invitation to renewal and it's not there yet.  If I have problems, can you help ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Called my state Rep today and they said they would make a call. She also gave me a number to ISP that actually gets answered. Guy took all my info and said he would put me on the “call back list”. Said it could take up to 3 weeks because I’m number 51,000 on that list.

So now I can’t carry because their website is trash and they are 51,000 people behind. I hate this state more and more by the day.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope stuff like this is being documented for the lawsuit against the state police.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Called my state Rep today and they said they would make a call. She also gave me a number to ISP that actually gets answered. Guy took all my info and said he would put me on the “call back list”. Said it could take up to 3 weeks because I’m number 51,000 on that list.
View Quote
Evidently, you didn't get my e-mail.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Evidently, you didn't get my e-mail.
View Quote
@swanhunter

I don’t believe I did. Could you resend please
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top