Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2018 8:26:33 PM EDT
Going to mccook nebraska in a couple weeks.
Last I remembered, signs bear the weight of law.
I can't remember if it's a specific sign I'm looking for, or just any sign.

What if my hotel has a sign? Does that prohibit me from even bringing a cased gun through the building and keeping it in my room?

Where am I prohibited from carrying?
Do I have a duty to inform when pulled over?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Scroll down towards the bottom of these FAQ's...........NE CHP FAQ's

Also check out pages 16-17 HERE  ETA:  just noticed this is form 2012.  Not sure if any of it has changed since then.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nebraska.pdf
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
must inform immediately (should be first words out of your mouth)
signs have rule of law, and it can be any sign or wording.
cops have right to disarm

those are prob top 3
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What if my hotel has a sign? Do I really have to leave my gun in the car overnight? Is a cased gun in my luggage the same as a gun on my waist?
I can't switch hotels if it does.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen or heard of any hotel around here(omaha area) with signs.  I seriously doubt any hotel in McCook would have a sign.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never seen or heard of any hotel around here(omaha area) with signs.  I seriously doubt any hotel in McCook would have a sign.
View Quote
Are the signs not very common? I've never had to abide by them before, it seems like it would be a huge pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top