Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2022 10:04:22 PM EDT
Hey guys,

My storage unit in Austin was robbed over the weekend and the thieves took thousands of dollars worth of AK, Galil, and FAL kits, magazines, and misc. parts. There was also a Lage upper in there and metal Mac-11 magazines still in the plastic.

Anything to increase visibility and hopefully catch these thieves would be greatly appreciated. If you come across someone selling more than 2-3 of these items in the Texas area, please reach out.

Thank you so much,
Ian

Cross posted for visibility
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck. I hope you can recover some of your property.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang that sucks sorry to hear that.

Make sure to sign up for mewe and join local gun groups alot of parts are bought and sold on there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn. That's terrible. Hope you get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, I feel for you.

Thieves should get their right hand chopped off on the 1st, and on the 2nd be strung up on a street light or utility pole to teach a lesson.

Good Luck finding your parts back.  

Will tell you from experience that Storage "Insurance" Sucks Big Green Donkey Balls on cases involving anything firearm related with a Storage Unit.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything distinctive or unique about the kits? For instance is there a Russian T2 kit in there vs Romanian AKM? Going to be hard to id it as stolen.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
You are kinder than I am. I am all for taking the thieves’ arm on the first theft and then a wood chipper ride on the second conviction.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll keep an eye out. Storage unit burglaries are insane right now. Lots and lots of crews out of the Houston area that branch out all over the state and even go across lines.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, parts are tough and its one of 2 scenarios  

#1-  Someone you know and who knows what the stuff is.   This one would be tough to track down because anyone who knows what most of that stuff is will target the online arena.  

#2- Someone who just got lucky and will be easy to catch.  Put out word to all the gun stores around with a basic list.   Also to local gunsmiths.  Its most likely this stuff will show up at a trade days/swap meet though.   Keep an eye on TGT because I have seen kits pop up on there that it was obvious whoever was selling them had no idea wtf it was.   We found a stolen BREN kit on there earlier this year.   It was easily identifiable because of the serial on the kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top