Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/7/2023 1:23:05 AM EDT
Long shot but I figured it couldn't hurt.

We both work for the post office(based in Vegas). We've been in the SLC area helping out for a while. We like it and I've put in for a transfer.

She really doesn't like the job. Between the retards in management and the HSesque environment it's simply become too much for her to handle. She is ready to quit. She has started looking for jobs here in SLC.

I don't know if anyone has any ideas or leads, but I figured I'd ask. She's gotten into a bit of a funk the last few weeks, feeling trapped in the job she hates but not knowing what she wants to do / not going back to what she did when she first emigrated to the US (kitchen/housekeeping). Her degree in Venezuela had her working at the airport as an operations tech. Verifying flight plans and stuff like that for smaller planes. I don't know if something like that would even be an option without a degree from here in the states.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

-Stewart

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:26:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MDI] [#1]
I just sent you a PM

And it’s not a long shot.  Jobs are all about networking like you are doing now.

I work for a firm where we have about 2500 companies we work with.  And..we work with HR.  we will find her something.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Sent you an email OP…
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
All sorts of jobs at the airport for customer service.

If you are interested in the St. George area, SkyWest is always hiring dispatchers and they'll train her.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like she worked as something similar as an airline dispatcher. Idk what airlines might have dispatcher offices in SLC but you could at least look at Delta and Skywest.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Have anything in the $250K range that only requires 10 hours a week?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MDI:
I just sent you a PM

And it’s not a long shot.  Jobs are all about networking like you are doing now.

I work for a firm where we have about 2500 companies we work with.  And..we work with HR.  we will find her something.

I'll do that job for 150K
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
gigolo?

Link Posted: 4/3/2023 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Riggs:
Sounds like she worked as something similar as an airline dispatcher. Idk what airlines might have dispatcher offices in SLC but you could at least look at Delta and Skywest.
View Quote

I'll do some searching tomorrow and see. Been a crazy few weeks moving and unpacking. U don't realize how much shit you have until you try to cram it in a uhaul.

Thank you for everyone that has posted. Some positive leads and wifey is feeling pretty optimistic
You have no idea how much it means
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

I'll do some searching tomorrow and see. Been a crazy few weeks moving and unpacking. U don't realize how much shit you have until you try to cram it in a uhaul.

Thank you for everyone that has posted. Some positive leads and wifey is feeling pretty optimistic
You have no idea how much it means
View Quote

With some of her experience in transportation you may have her look into some sort of dispatching or load planning jobs with any of the larger trucking or third party logistics companies that are based here.

I worked for England Logistics for several years and generally enjoyed the work I did (not on the dispatch/planning side), and for the most part the company culture was solid as well.

SLC is a huge transportation hub, so lots of opportunities in that hat job area.

Lots of construction companies as well always looking for a front end assistant/secretary if that’s something that interests her.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top