Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2021 9:55:28 PM EDT
I haven’t been to any gun shops in months as I’m pretty busy and have everything I need during panic buying.

But I have a bunch of people asking me what to buy and where. I normally shop at NGX, Jo Jo’s, the gun store, tactical arms and maybe Delta.

How are these places stocked on Lowers, Glocks and other reliable 9mm entry level pistols?

Don’t really want to make the rounds myself but I’d like to be informed telling people what to expect. Anyone been out there recently? How bad is it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
TheGunStore in Waterbury, shows his inventory on facebook. (no login needed)
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
In the past week, I've been to 4 shops.  Here's my take:

The Gun Store--the MOST inventory of anyone, period.  It's the only shop where the shelves are full, and the selection is pretty broad.  I would start here if you're looking for something.

JoJo's--if you're looking for a custom Glock or an other, you'll find them here.  Not a ton of stuff other than that, but that's actually pretty normal for these guys.

NGX--shelves are kinda lean, but there was still stuff there.  This has always been my first choice due to the people that work there and the relationships I've developed over 25 years.

Hoffmans--holy crap, not much there given the amount of real estate they have inside the store.  Like most shops now, this one is probably hit or miss for having what you want.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I was just at hoffmans, ok stock as said above although a waste of a large space. You can't get anyone to acknowledge you are alive, the ticket system is complete crap, I spent 45mins waiting and the number did not move once. I was ready, cash in had, to buy a pistol. Guess I'll have to wait for NGX to get them back in stock....
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was just at hoffmans, ok stock as said above although a waste of a large space. You can't get anyone to acknowledge you are alive, the ticket system is complete crap, I spent 45mins waiting and the number did not move once. I was ready, cash in had, to buy a pistol. Guess I'll have to wait for NGX to get them back in stock....
View Quote

were you able to find a parking spot?
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

were you able to find a parking spot?
View Quote

Actually, there was plenty of parking, which confused me even more
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

That has been the exact same experience I had with Hoffmans the three times I tried to spend money there. Could not get a person to look at me. They kept ignoring me and talking to what appeared to be their buddies about nonsense, like meatloaf, etc.

I had a similar experience at Newington Gun Exchange. Went there ready to plunk down money. After standing there for 15 minutes listening to the counter jockey talking to some guy about fishing he finally looked at me and said "what?". I told him what I wanted. Grabs a business card off the counter and hands it to me and says "email us, that's the best way". 8 years later I am still waiting for the reply.

I have had good experiences with Delta and Center Sports.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I really don’t need anything. If I bought anything it would just be some more stripped lowers for the stash. But what I really want likely isn’t available or prices crazy. SOLGW, LMT, Knights, Vltor, BCM. Figured id ask the collective prior to a scouting trip.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That has been the exact same experience I had with Hoffmans the three times I tried to spend money there. Could not get a person to look at me. They kept ignoring me and talking to what appeared to be their buddies about nonsense, like meatloaf, etc.

I had a similar experience at Newington Gun Exchange. Went there ready to plunk down money. After standing there for 15 minutes listening to the counter jockey talking to some guy about fishing he finally looked at me and said "what?". I told him what I wanted. Grabs a business card off the counter and hands it to me and says "email us, that's the best way". 8 years later I am still waiting for the reply.

View Quote

That would have pissed me off too.

I had a similar experience with the shop in Southbury by the Dunkin Donuts.  Turned around walked right out.  
Complete opposite with the shop on the other end of Southbury (Southford)  two of the nicest people.    
As far as inventory, I wouldn't know. Haven't been in awhile.    
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Never had a problem with The Gun Store.  Last time I was in and out in 45min.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That would have pissed me off too.

I had a similar experience with the shop in Southbury by the Dunkin Donuts.  Turned around walked right out.  
Complete opposite with the shop on the other end of Southbury (Southford)  two of the nicest people.    
As far as inventory, I wouldn't know. Haven't been in awhile.    
View Quote

The old guy at the Trading post is a grumpy old fuck,  and I agree with you the two that run the other one are extremely nice and helpful
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The old guy at the Trading post is a grumpy old fuck,  and I agree with you the two that run the other one are extremely nice and helpful
View Quote

^^^^^^^^
This
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hoffman's deserves to go out of business. I don't know why people keep patronizing that shithole. Worst customer service ever. Ok not as bad as Cabela's but 2nd place.
There are better shops to do business with. Central Connecticut Arms in Portland being one of them (not affiliated except as satisfied customer).
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:The old guy at the Trading post is a grumpy old fuck,  
View Quote

I've heard this from a lot of people, about Tom. However, I've been going there for years and he's always been extremely pleasant w/ me. His prices are a bit , to be honest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top