Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2021 4:53:37 PM EDT
Have a company trying to recruit me from this area and wanted some general info on it before I move this to the next level.

Decent place to live ? No kids so just the wife and I. Maybe looking for a place with a few acres depending on costs.

Hows the overall employment sector? General pay scales for workers in factory?

Anything else?

thanks

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Glasgow is a small-medium town, off of the 'Louie B Nunn' Cumberland Parkway (Future I 66 corridor!) with the typical fast food places, Walmart, Rural King, Lowes.
Bowling Green is about 30-40 minutes, Nashville 1.5 hours, Louisville about the same maybe a little more.

I'm 40 miles from Glasgow, but go there on occasion. I like the whole SC KY area, people for the most part a pretty friendly, it is not expensive to live here, still a lot of open land with cows and crops, but the wages in the area are usually not real high. You pay: state income tax, 6% sales tax, Real estate/land tax, personal property tax/vehicle registration. Sounds like a lot of taxes, but Real estate taxes are a whole bunch cheaper than I paid in FL or VA, I guess it is all what you are used to.
Land is available and fairly inexpensive for now, but the prices seem to be climbing.

PM me if you have specific questions.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback on the area. I'm still in the running so it depends on the offer I guess if it comes.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I pass though Glasgow going to my folks.  Barren River lake is nice and it does have some shopping.  Many people will go to Bowling Green to do shopping.  Any land around Mammoth Cave will be expensive due to hunters trying to back up to it.  You can find land around Edmonton, KY pretty reasonable.  My one concern would be if job doesn't work out then not sure what other options are.  Small industrial park and TJ Sampson hospital are the major employers.   Cost of living is pretty low.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not a bad place to live. Try to stay away for the electric plant board for your power and cable service though. Which factory are you contemplating the move for? Glasgow has all the basic needs. Barren River is nice. Mammoth Cave is great. Sherwood's Guns in Bowling Green is a good shop to deal with. God's country is 10-20 away from the city limits, no matter which way you head... Holler at me...
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a bad place.

Also Sherwood is the man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top