Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2019 7:48:02 PM EDT
I have not done a FTF for rifles in over 10 years, but with the current climate in this hellhole, the statutes are confusing. Can I still do a private FTF transfer on long arms without an FFL
in this State to a person not related ?  Both of us have our FID cards.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have not done a FTF for rifles in over 10 years, but with the current climate in this hellhole, the statutes are confusing. Can I still do a private FTF transfer on long arms without an FFL
in this State to a person not related ?  Both of us have our FID cards.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Nope - must go through an FFL.

ETA - statute 2C:58-3b(2):
A person who is not a licensed retail dealer and sells, gives, transfers, assigns, or otherwise disposes of, or receives, purchases or otherwise acquires an antique cannon or a rifle or shotgun pursuant to this section shall conduct the transaction through a licensed retail dealer.
The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply if the transaction is:
(a) between members of an immediate family as defined in subsection n. of this section;
(b) between law enforcement officers;
(c) between collectors of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics as defined in Title 18, U.S.C. section 921 (a)(13) who have in their possession a valid Collector of Curios and Relics License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; or
(d) a temporary transfer pursuant to section 1 of P.L.1992, c.74 (C.2C:58-3.1) and section 1 of P.L.1997, c.375 (C.2C:58-3.2)
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope - must go through an FFL.

ETA - statute 2C:58-3b(2):
A person who is not a licensed retail dealer and sells, gives, transfers, assigns, or otherwise disposes of, or receives, purchases or otherwise acquires an antique cannon or a rifle or shotgun pursuant to this section shall conduct the transaction through a licensed retail dealer.
The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply if the transaction is:
(a) between members of an immediate family as defined in subsection n. of this section;
(b) between law enforcement officers;
(c) between collectors of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics as defined in Title 18, U.S.C. section 921 (a)(13) who have in their possession a valid Collector of Curios and Relics License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; or
(d) a temporary transfer pursuant to section 1 of P.L.1992, c.74 (C.2C:58-3.1) and section 1 of P.L.1997, c.375 (C.2C:58-3.2)
View Quote
Does immediate family include both sibling-sibling and father-son/son-father?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Does immediate family include both sibling-sibling and father-son/son-father?
View Quote
n. For the purposes of this section, “immediate family” means a spouse, domestic partner as defined in section 3 of P.L.2003, c.246 (C.26:8A-3), partner in a civil union couple as defined in section 2 of P.L.2006, c.103 (C.37:1-29), parent, stepparent, grandparent, sibling, stepsibling, child, stepchild, and grandchild, as related by blood or by law.

So yes, both of those scenarios would be covered for a private FTF-transfer.  Note that the FID and CoE requirements remain in effect.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Back date the COE?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Back date the COE?
View Quote
Clever.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
As long as you have copies of the old COE....just sayin'  
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Members I am APPALLED!

See me after class - please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back date the COE?
Clever.
Members I am APPALLED!

See me after class - please.
Relax, I don't do stupid shit, I'm a wise old man
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I would never take possession of a back dated COE from someone I don't know. You never know if there is a body somewhere tied to it. Especially from someone who lives in the boonies near the Delaware River.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would never take possession of a back dated COE from someone I don't know. You never know if there is a body somewhere tied to it. Especially from someone who lives in the boonies near the Delaware River.
View Quote
wasn't there just a story about a guy who murdered someone and buried them in the Pine barrons?  I spend a decent amount of time in the pines and have always thought about stumbling across a body.  I have found other things such as devil worshiper things
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It was tongue in cheek, be careful on violations of the law or CoC. I know you and Rem so I know you no harm no foul.

A Wiseman once told me of his criteria for an Accountant - "I expect you to take me face-pressed to the bars. If you are not prepared to do that then best we both move on." I don't think Al Capone used the same criteria.

BTW BTH, Whatever happened to my standing order of honey?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Relax, I don't do stupid shit, I'm a wise old man
It was tongue in cheek, be careful on violations of the law or CoC. I know you and Rem so I know you no harm no foul.

A Wiseman once told me of his criteria for an Accountant - "I expect you to take me face-pressed to the bars. If you are not prepared to do that then best we both move on." I don't think Al Capone used the same criteria.

BTW BTH, Whatever happened to my standing order of honey?
Check your IM
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top