Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 8:47:27 PM EDT
I am new but have been lurking (alot!) since 2007. Found out arf.com changed email login rules so I applied with my gmail.
I've built and owned over a dozen ar15's in different calibers such as 5.56, 300blk, 6.5 grendel and the ar308. I reload for these calibers as well as many other pistol and rifle calibers. My love for firearms,archery,knives and general gear was seeded from a long lineage of sportsman and veterans. My late father and Uncle guided me throughout my youth/adulthood with shooting, hunting, fishing and all the above. Even in death, I inherited many of my dad's blacksmithing tools and equipment, I've begun to make my own cutlery inspired by my father and Uncle whom loved blacksmithing.

I could keep going on, but will reserve myself. I look forward to contributing to arf.com finally!  Lmao

May the good times roll!

Standfast
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome.

What region of Fl.?
View Quote

Citrus County, Gulf coast of Florida.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Howdy... Lake/Sumter here...
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome from the southern end of Lake County.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome fellow Nature Coaster.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Speaking of warm, its depressing that summer is coming soon!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve only lived here for a couple of weeks but I suppose I’ll say hi as well.

I’m in the Keys. Btw do any other members live down here?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not anymore, lived there full-time from 2004-2017. We owned with my father-in-law from 1989 until we sold in 2017 -- saw a lot of changes!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Howdy from over in Brevard County.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome from the northern tip of Palm Beach county
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Hernando county here
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome from Jupiter
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Welcome from Jupiter
View Quote

thanks, we love jupiter and it's beaches.  Juno beach fishing pier is awesome for all  kinds of species.
I look forward to fishing Jupiter Inlet in the near future, as well as some of the mangroves around there.  That Guanabana place is pretty damn good and neat place for some drinks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hernando county here
View Quote

Thanks neighbor! Have you been to the new shooting range "Outpost Range"?, it is in Lecanto, Fl.
I myself have been saving all of my ammo and reloading supplies. So no visits in the last 8 months or so.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome, Space Coast here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

thanks, we love jupiter and it's beaches.  Juno beach fishing pier is awesome for all  kinds of species.
I look forward to fishing Jupiter Inlet in the near future, as well as some of the mangroves around there.  That Guanabana place is pretty damn good and neat place for some drinks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome from Jupiter

You sound like you got the lay of the land already! we are going paddle boarding in the  Inlet in 10 mins then party tonight on Love Street/Sq Grouper and Guanabanas
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You sound like you got the lay of the land already! we are going paddle boarding in the  Inlet in 10 mins then party tonight on Love Street/Sq Grouper and Guanabanas
View Quote

Awesome, the women in that area are incredible as well. I love to kayak fish and  want to either bring mine with next time or might just rent one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wow, jupiter has changed a lot since I moved away back in 1984. They didn’t rent women back then.....
View Quote

You can rent one almost anywhere in Florida, just have to know where to look.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wow, jupiter has changed a lot since I moved away back in 1984. They didn’t rent women back then.....
View Quote

LOL, not what I meant. But we will just go with it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Welcome, Jacksonville here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Welcome, Jacksonville here.
View Quote

thank you sir
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Welcome Op, I have been a Floridan since 1967 in Sarasota County and for the past 22 years Manatee County. In that time the growth has been
astronomical. The old power was ranchers and citrus growers that has changed to a majority of NE liberal invaders. Yes you can't beat the boating
fishing but our waters are overcrowded. If you're priority is great restaurants and the art's then this is your place. Simply a case of becoming to
popular.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#28]
PM sent
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Replied
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Welcome Op, I have been a Floridan since 1967 in Sarasota County and for the past 22 years Manatee County. In that time the growth has been
astronomical. The old power was ranchers and citrus growers that has changed to a majority of NE liberal invaders. Yes you can't beat the boating
fishing but our waters are overcrowded. If you're priority is great restaurants and the art's then this is your place. Simply a case of becoming to
popular.
View Quote

I hear ya, I've lived in Florida almost my whole life. I'm hopeful conservative minds will prevail in this land. You cant keep them out, just roll with the punches. Change is inevitable.
Just wish my family bought more land when it was cheap 30/40 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks neighbor! Have you been to the new shooting range "Outpost Range"?, it is in Lecanto, Fl.
I myself have been saving all of my ammo and reloading supplies. So no visits in the last 8 months or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hernando county here

Not yet, pics look nice, I might take a day and go, I saved for this game
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey you made it, congrats! You wind up taking that job? Bet you’re glad to have DeSantis on your team  instead of that poop dick polyps or what’s his name out there

OP: greetings from Monroe and North Walton counties, we are spending more and more time up in here Walton, we like the elbow room, our open land and the old Florida attitude I grew up with.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hey you made it, congrats! You wind up taking that job? Bet you’re glad to have DeSantis on your team  instead of that poop dick polyps or what’s his name out there

OP: greetings from Monroe and North Walton counties, we are spending more and more time up in here Walton, we like the elbow room, our open land and the old Florida attitude I grew up with.

Thank you, yeah I ended up taking the job and I’m loving it down here so far. And yes DeSantis is a breath of fresh air considering the clown that runs CO. I’m finally just about settled in so I need to get out and start exploring the place some more.

View Quote

ETA oops I messed up the quote haha
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Welcome to the madness from Titusville Man.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Howdy... Lake/Sumter here...
View Quote

Nice, we have property on CR476 in the bush.   :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Welcome from Hernando as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Welcome from the People's Republic of Alachua County.....land of the Lefties.....high taxes....and....the second best University in Florida.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

We lived in Key West from 1984 to 2019.  We still own our house down there.  We were back and forth for a while, but now live permanently in Lakeland Highlands.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We lived in Key West from 1984 to 2019.  We still own our house down there.  We were back and forth for a while, but now live permanently in Lakeland Highlands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, I’m in Islamorada. I really like it here so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top