Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2023 11:47:08 AM EDT
I’ve escaped nj and have moved to PA. Well, it’ll be official in 3.5 hours anyway.

Just thought I’d drop in and say hi!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome.  There are many former NJ peeps here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It's official. I just left the title agencies office. The house is mine.

Now it's time to find some standard cap mags and adjustable stocks and flash hiders.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget your bayonet lug!
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kpoesq369:
Don't forget your bayonet lug!
View Quote

Oh yeah, pointy stabby all the things.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats.  What County?
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 4:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Pike county. Since I'm still working in nj it made sense. Plus my wife works in Pike county.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget to pick up a few boxes of hollow points and LAP rounds.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Spider1:
View Quote

I was unpacking my firearms last night and came across the box of magazines and told my wife I need to replace all of them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to PA. Enjoy your freedom.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats on living in less oppression!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Hello and welcome.
I'm about 10 min from the Comm. Barry and haven't set foot in that god awful state in close to 20 yrs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome!

Now get yourself to a gun store and enjoy de-Jerseying your stuff.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#15]
Originally Posted By shaggy:
Welcome!

Now get yourself to a gun store and enjoy de-Jerseying your stuff.  
View Quote

I have to get my PA DL first which I'm really confused on how to do that and get my cars registered. I'm itching to get a new pew-pew in America. I also need to get all of my tools out of storage so I can start cutting muzzle brakes off.

PA has made it difficult.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
View Quote

While it lasts........
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:55:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Baq] [#17]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

I have to get my PA DL first which I'm really confused on how to do that and get my cars registered.

View Quote

You have to find the nearest PennDOT FULL Service Center. Look up what kind of documentation you need, iirc

2x proof of residence (utility or credit card bill to your adress)
Social Security Card
Out of State DL (valid!!)
Out of State Registration and Title

Do not go to the closer and less crowded drivers licencd centers, they can not do out of state transfers. ask me how i know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Baq:

You have to find the nearest PennDOT FULL Service Center. Look up what kind of documentation you need, iirc

Social Security Card

Do not go to the closer and less crowded drivers licencd centers, they can not do out of state transfers. ask me how i know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have to get my PA DL first which I'm really confused on how to do that and get my cars registered.

Social Security Card

Part in red is an issue, technically Toyota and M&T bank still own both of my vehicles. They're financed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I just talked to my wife because she had the same when we moved.

You dont need title and reg at the PennDot.
Once you did that as a first step you find a local place who does registration and titles. You go or call them and tell them what you want, they will give you an adress where your Lenders have to send a copy of the title do. They will then take care of it from there and send the new PA title back to the Lender. You will drive there to pick up plates and registration.

I dont know if that is the fastest, bestest or official way but its what she did and worked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I just talked to my wife because she had the same when we moved.

You dont need title and reg at the PennDot.
Once you did that as a first step you find a local place who does registration and titles. You go or call them and tell them what you want, they will give you an adress where your Lenders have to send a copy of the title do. They will then take care of it from there and send the new PA title back to the Lender. You will drive there to pick up plates and registration.

I dont know if that is the fastest, bestest or official way but its what she did and worked.
View Quote

Thanks we’ll try that. Oddly enough I called my fleet company for my work car and told them I had moved and asked what I needed to do for the plates and registration. They said all I needed to do what change my address in WorkDay and they’d take care of everything else.

Wish it was that easy for my personal stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve escaped nj and have moved to PA. Well, it’ll be official in 3.5 hours anyway.

Just thought I’d drop in and say hi!
View Quote

Welcome to America!  
I escaped from New Jersey back in August

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

You'll be surprised how easy it is to un-Jersey-fuck magazines.  I converted all my 10 and old 15 (that I hid in the basement for the past several years) rounders to 20 and 30 rounders in an afternoon.  It takes about 5 minutes each.  All you need is: 2 screw drivers to pry around the lips of the baseplate to break the epoxy and find the pin, and a punch set to push out the pin when you find it.  You'll destroy the edges on your baseplates, but you can superglue them in place and be good to go.  

Un-Jersey-Fucking your stock is a bit more challenging.  I called the customer support for manufacturers of my ARs to find out where they blind pin is hidden.  Spikes Tactical was very helpful.  DPMS was not.  In both case, the blind pin was hidden under the slide lock.  It's a blind pin, so you'll need to look for a tiny scar.  

Can't help you on the muzzle device.  "Pinned and welded" is pinned and welded.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dontalo] [#23]

I have to get my PA DL first which I'm really confused on how to do that and get my cars registered. I'm itching to get a new pew-pew in America. I also need to get all of my tools out of storage so I can start cutting muzzle brakes off.

View Quote

You need to find a "Title Transfer" place.  They are privately run.  The State doesn't do anything regarding title transfers.  
Google will find one for you.  Many notary publics also do transfer work.  
My transfer place was very helpful and walked me through everything.

You'll need your PA driver's license, proof of PA insurance, original or certified copy of your vehicle registration, and the vehicle itself.  The transfer agent should take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#24]
LOL
i lined up all my NJ mags and shot them all up... blew them away. years ago.
then when i got NJ carry i needed ten round mags lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dontalo:

You'll be surprised how easy it is to un-Jersey-fuck magazines.  I converted all my 10 and old 15 (that I hid in the basement for the past several years) rounders to 20 and 30 rounders in an afternoon.  It takes about 5 minutes each.  All you need is: 2 screw drivers to pry around the lips of the baseplate to break the epoxy and find the pin, and a punch set to push out the pin when you find it.  You'll destroy the edges on your baseplates, but you can superglue them in place and be good to go.  

Un-Jersey-Fucking your stock is a bit more challenging.  I called the customer support for manufacturers of my ARs to find out where they blind pin is hidden.  Spikes Tactical was very helpful.  DPMS was not.  In both case, the blind pin was hidden under the slide lock.  It's a blind pin, so you'll need to look for a tiny scar.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dontalo:

None of my rifles have pinned adjustable stocks. They've all got fixed carbine stocks so it's only a matter of unbolting them and taking them off.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
LOL
i lined up all my NJ mags and shot them all up... blew them away. years ago.
then when i got NJ carry i needed ten round mags lol
View Quote

I'm going to keep all my 10 rounders. They make good range mags and more mags the better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
we shot them all up... it was kinda dumb but it was the principle. no regrets. i hate those stub mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#28]
we shot them all up... it was kinda dumb but it was the principle. no regrets. i hate those stub mags.
View Quote

I'll keep them. A mag is a mag even if it's a retarded one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Now go get Class III Fever
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Welcome.  Pike County here as well.  Tons of great things to do in the area.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

Now go get Class III Fever
View Quote

Definitely on my list.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Welcome!
While this HTF has some active members I recommend checking PAFOA. It's PA specific.
You'll most likely see some "familiar" folks there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Probably should have kept going west. I predict a New Jerseyized Pennsylvania in near future.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]
no way dude, its principle. its infringement.
ill dig up pics what i did with a bunch of bushmaster , pk 90 mags

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Well, right now they're all I have so I'm keeping them for now. We're still not quite settled in the new house so i haven't had time to start ordering gun stuff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Not too far away from Cola Warrior Keystone .
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:
Not too far away from Cola Warrior Keystone .
View Quote

This is not the first time I’ve been invited but I will fail within the first obstacle. I’m too chicken shit to do it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#38]
You have to pump your own gas in most places here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
You have to pump your own gas in most places here.
View Quote

Good thing I know how to pump my own gas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Just remember, you may have left the PRNJ, but it will always be Taylor Ham. Shun the commies that say otherwise.

Hello, neighbor!
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 302w:
Just remember, you may have left the PRNJ, but it will always be Taylor Ham. Shun the commies that say otherwise.

Hello, neighbor!
View Quote

Love me some Taylor ham and egg sandwiches.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Welcome to Free America!
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 2:18:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By joelad:
Welcome to Free America!
View Quote

Thank you!

Hey does anyone know if the state shooting lands are any good? Yes. I realize there are no RSOs but I like shooting outside. I'm discussion interested in the Pike county location. Just want to get some info about them before I buy a pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:56:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 302w] [#44]

Thank you!

Hey does anyone know if the state shooting lands are any good? Yes. I realize there are no RSOs but I like shooting outside. I'm discussion interested in the Pike county location. Just want to get some info about them before I buy a pass.
View Quote

They're okay if you're shooting during the week. Probably be you, 2-3 other shooters, and random brass rats looming around.

Five round capacity also sucks. You probably won't get caught, but might be fined if you do.

Weekends? Pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#45]

They're okay if you're shooting during the week. Probably be you, 2-3 other shooters, and random brass rats looming around.

Five round capacity also sucks. You probably won't get caught, but might be fined if you do.

Weekends? Pass.
View All Quotes

Thank you!

Weekends? Pass.

Five round limit?

Attachment Attached File

I came from a state with magazine limits.  I just converted a bunch of my old 15/30 mags to 30. Fuck limits.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Join a private club.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Join a private club.
View Quote

Any good private clubs in Pike county?
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Join a private club.

Not sure about Pike Co, but IME, PA has a ton of gun clubs everywhere not super densely populated.  I live in Harrisburg and have no less than a half dozen within a 30 minute drive.  Google maps will probably lead you in the right direction.

If you are into LR rifle shooting, Mifflin County SA is a couple hours from you, but worth the drive.  I only get out there a few times a year, but it is still worth the membership.  I was even a member there when I lived in Delaware.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top