Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2020 8:19:18 PM EDT
https://www.twincities.com/2020/05/29/curfew-friday-saturday-minneapolis-st-paul-george-floyd-protests/

So now this is a thing. Gotta make sure nobody riots in the cornfields here in southern Dakota county....
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The curfew order says no travel.  What about I35?  Are they shutting down the interstate?

Are stores, gas stations etc supposed to close?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah because the rioters care. I’m glad the Mpls police department caused this shit and then decided to run away and let the citizens fend for themselves. Disgusting. Fuck the rioters. Fuck the state government. Fuck the mpls police department for not policing their own and most of all fuck the mayor. I’m seething watching all this shit country wide and with cops at least trying and here is just burning. Fucking cowherds.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I texted my Dad, retired Anoka Deputy, and told him that he was Grounded. 8PM curfew. He sent me the middle finger emoji. I didn't even know he knew how to use emoji's...

So, most of my family is in curfew Counties/Cities. Wright County is still open last I heard. Most of my work is remote computer stuff, but my companies main offices are over by Rosedale shopping mall...

This oughta be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah because the rioters care. I’m glad the Mpls police department caused this shit and then decided to run away and let the citizens fend for themselves. Disgusting. Fuck the rioters. Fuck the state government. Fuck the mpls police department for not policing their own and most of all fuck the mayor. I’m seething watching all this shit country wide and with cops at least trying and here is just burning. Fucking cowherds.
View Quote

Solid rant and I agree. The "leadership" of Minneapolis, from the Mayor to the Police Department, to all the Dems there. It's a joke. To all the Mayor Frey voters......Are you happy now?

P.S. Did you mean cowards?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope our esteemed politicians learned something last night: Thugs aren't going to pay attention to curfew laws just like they aren't going to pay attention to gun or any other laws.

Watching the live streams, it was kind of odd seeing the civilian vehicles casually wind their way through the rioters as if this was a normal thing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope our esteemed politicians learned something last night: Thugs aren't going to pay attention to curfew laws just like they aren't going to pay attention to gun or any other laws.

Watching the live streams, it was kind of odd seeing the civilian vehicles casually wind their way through the rioters as if this was a normal thing.
View Quote

Those vehicles were the stolen ones.  That's why they weren't attacked.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Solid rant and I agree. The "leadership" of Minneapolis, from the Mayor to the Police Department, to all the Dems there. It's a joke. To all the Mayor Frey voters......Are you happy now?

P.S. Did you mean cowards?
View Quote

I did. My mistake.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did. My mistake.
View Quote

Not wanting to walk on your turf, but this member in Arizona likes the use of Cowherds in the thread.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Its a sanctuary city. Let it burn to the ground. Hopefully the people of Minneapolis realize the free money they got from democrats wasn't worth it and vote republicans! If our worthless leaders don't state anyone out after curfew will be shot, then get ready for another night of burning!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm coming up blank -- anybody have any idea if this has ever occurred here before?
View Quote

There have been major curfews before after tornadoes, and no-travel orders after severe blizzards.

In 1981 a tornado blew through Minneapolis (I think the Lake Street area) and then into Roseville. Har Mar Mall and most of the other businesses around it were badly damaged, including the Target on Snelling. Best Buy (known as Sound of Music at the time) lost their roof and one entire wall. Many houses in the area were badly damaged or just gone.

15 minutes after the tornado was done looters from St. Paul were already traveling to Roseville via Snelling Ave. to loot. The National Guard MPs were there within a few hours to stop looting and secure the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top