Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2021 11:12:50 AM EDT
We will be there 8/3/21 for about a week. What are we in for? Is everything still open? Closing down? Masks? No masks? Should we stay home?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No masks needed, (except maybe in Disney?) all open here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Disney did reinstate their mask policy.

SeaWorld dropped their reservation policy and now only recommend masks.

Hopefully the hotel breakfasts are open again. Sack breakfasts really sucked. Of course, it was better (sometimes) than no breakfast.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I generally avoid that area, but my son was home on leave and we hit Sea World for the first time in about 15 years. I recommend it bigly.
View Quote

Went recently, I guess Sea World is trying to get traffic up again so prices were low, the displays were great but I got the impression staffing wasn’t 100% (like the Arctic exhibit) and the crowd… well, the crowd was budget.

Still worth going but damn it didn’t help my view of humanity.

ETA also the killer whale show was excellent, they did the intro routine and then the whales basically decided they didn’t care to do anymore so the lady said show over thanks for your time. I got a laugh out of that
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
For SeaWorld, I highly recommend the encounters. We've done a dolphin and penguin encounter which were both very good. The crazy thing is that walking through the penguin exhibit seemed colder than doing the encounter even though we were in the same area. We got to interact and take photos with several different penguin types. Make sure you hit the penguins when they're awake. We stopped in one time when the lights were off for "nighttime" and it wasn't very exciting.

Also, if you stay at an affiliated property you can either take a free shuttle (too late of a start for us) or get free parking (saves $25). You also get food discounts (10%).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top