Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2023 11:56:14 AM EDT
Summer trip for hockey, what’s to do around there? I have a week of free time and plan on taking our bicycles.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Come shoot with some locals.

Shopping in Kittery or Freeport. Hiking / boating / fishing any number of places. Seacoast tourism crap all the way up the seaboard. The Old Port in Portland has become a foodie haven.

What kinds of things are you into?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife is coming along so I think some shopping will be done.
We enjoy biking and kayaking the most.  Are any lakes better then others for kayaking?  I like a locals perspective on things to see or do.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It's only a hop, skip and a jump to Portland/Westbrook, if women-type shopping and fancy food are amongst your goals. My daughter lived in Gorham for a few years. I have to be forced to venture south of Waterville these days, so haven't been down that way for a number of years.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Rent some ocean kayaks and go out on the big water for a different experience. Otherwise it's like everywhere else, I'd imagine. Big lakes are great for views, freedom, scenery, etc, but if the day is windy, it's going to be worse on a big lake than a small pond.

There's supposed to be some awesome mountain biking in Gorham, but I can't remember where. There are some Maine MTB facebook pages (maybe 207mtb I think it's called) and they can probably offer some suggestions on biking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top