Posted: 4/3/2022 11:17:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Some of the shops I frequent:

Murphy's
The Hub
Turners
SNG Tactical
There's a few scattered Pawn Shops I also go to.

Not sure where you're staying, but IMO Tucson proper is a dump.  There's patches of nice area's, but most of the nicest areas surround Tucson (Oro Valley, Sahuarita, Vail, Catalina Foothills).

You should try to get to Tombstone & Bisbee.  Congress St. & around the College has night life if you're into that.  There's the Titan Missile Museum in Sahuarita.  The Desert Museum.  Old Tucson, but I don't think it's re-opened yet.  You can take a Drive up to Mount Lemon.  There's a lot of good food to check out also.  Personally I think the best Pizza in the area is at Serial Grillers, followed by the 12" Pan at Oregano's (Italian Chain restaurant).

You can also drive up to Phoenix for all that has to offer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Murphy’s on Country Club and Ft. Lowell, and Hub on Alvernon has a fair amount of tactical stuff.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Diamondback Shooting Sports, great shop. Also you can get lunch at Holy Smokin Butts BBQ which is just down the parking lot.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Guero Canelo

El Charro

Trueland Burgers

Charro Vida

Taqueria Aqu Con Nini

San Xavier Del Bac Mission

Arizona State Museum at the Univ of Arizona
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Tucson Air and Space museum is worth a day trip. They also installed a cafeteria recently so you can eat there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like Murphy's on Country Club and Ft. Lowell, and Hub on Alvernon has a fair amount of tactical stuff.
View Quote

Take a flashlight with you to Murphys.  The lighting sucks and you won't see half the things they have.  Diamondback, Murphys, and the Hub are my favorites. There is also Turners Outdoorsman that has a lot of inventory and fair prices.

Serial Grillers and Trident both have several local restaurants and I recommend all of them.

Sahuarita guns in Green Valley is good too, but a bit off the path.

I don't do 80%, so sorry to be of no help.

Check out Boogeyman Customs and you will be within close range of Black Rock Brewing. Barrio Brewing is another excellent brewery and I highly recommend their tequila cilantro wings.  I have gotten many peeps addicted to these wings.

Of special note: Black Rock Brewing, Trident, and Diamondback offer military veteran discount.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Take a flashlight with you to Murphys.  The lighting sucks and you won't see half the things they have.  
View Quote

Haha that’s the charm. And all the wall hangers

Meetup is a great idea
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've been thinking more and more about the meetup idea. If there would be sufficient interest, I would be willing to conduct a free* (would happily take donations to the American Pioneer Corps) intro rifle/pistol/shotgun class if we've got a place around Tucson to do it. Would need at least a 25y range, but prefer a place we can shoot to 100y.

Afterwards we can do meat and beer somewhere...

Any interest in this? We could set it the last weekend in April.
View Quote

I’m interested but can’t help on ranges. I generally shoot on BLM land. I’m thinking Three Points may be most accommodating for that sort of thing but it’s out of the way. I’m interested to hear other opinions from others on the area on this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Also assuming you run a hot range which I don’t think would suit most ranges here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Could try to jet up to the free Casa Grande range.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#13]
You could still do a class, just need a good spot of BLM land. Make it a location in central AZ, and you may get actual people to show up from all over our state.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’m interested but can’t help on ranges. I generally shoot on BLM land. I’m thinking Three Points may be most accommodating for that sort of thing but it’s out of the way. I’m interested to hear other opinions from others on the area on this.
View Quote

3P will likely want to see a class curriculum to review so it probably won't be a 'short fuse' process, and they're likely going to want to see proof a million or two in liability insurance.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Eats,CS saloon,where is the range in Casa Grande
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tucson Air and Space museum is worth a day trip. They also installed a cafeteria recently so you can eat there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Always liked doable burger and there is one deon town area. Always see the bio domes beyond the areas others mentioned
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#19]
The HUB has a shooting simulator that's quite good, just need to reserve in advance.

Also third the air museum. It's worth the trip.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pima Air Museum - easily a half day
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pima Air Museum - easily a half day
View Quote
Take the tram tour early.  Do all things outside early, and then tour the hangars.  I have to add that it probably took me at least three trips to absorb most of the things.  

I am up for beers.

Pima County Parks and Rec SERP range has a training range.  You would need to check if there are any hoops to jump through to use their range.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#22]
OP or anyone else have any availability this afternoon for a beer or a sarsaparilla LMK.   SE side of town much preferred but flexible.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've been thinking more and more about the meetup idea. If there would be sufficient interest, I would be willing to conduct a free* (would happily take donations to the American Pioneer Corps) intro rifle/pistol/shotgun class if we've got a place around Tucson to do it. Would need at least a 25y range, but prefer a place we can shoot to 100y.

Afterwards we can do meat and beer somewhere...

Any interest in this? We could set it the last weekend in April.
View Quote

Haven’t been on here in forever. But I’m interested. And I’m sure I could get a few others
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#24]
A GTG or meet and greet would be cool
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#25]
@ben

You want to run to las cruces for a day?  Trying to get one of Joker1’s dogs into Az
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m down for a meetup
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Eats,CS saloon,where is the range in Casa Grande
View Quote

To get to the CG range, take I-10 to I-8 just south of Casa Grande. Take the first exit, Trekell Road. Go south, (left turn), on Trekell a mile or two to Arica, a left turn only. There is a sign. Folow Arica until you get to the Skeet Range, then follow the road as it turns south, (right), for about another mile. The first range you will see to your left is the police range. The next entrance to the left is the public range. There are, from left to right, an 80 yard line, a 300 yard line, (the shot up metal roof), the 100 yard line, (no benches or concrete pad), and then two 25 yard pistol bays set further in towards the "mountains".
On the 300 yard line, if you look at the very far right corner of the 300 yard berm, and start glassing up the hill slightly right, you can find three OLD steel gongs set at 600, 700, and 800 yards. Those were not placed by the city employees, but have been there forever.
Have fun!
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I could make it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top