Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2023 8:32:31 PM EDT
I wanted to go ahead and simultaneously reintroduce myself while I was at it. I’ve been out of the loop for awhile and actually had to get my account brought back from the dead due to inactivity. I’m sure there’s a whole lot of new faces around here and hopefully still some of you that I remember. I was curious if my mind was forsaking me or if firearms prices, both new and used have increased or I’m just looking in the wrong places old places. Obviously inflation doesn’t discriminate but I wasn’t sure if there’s been a steady price rise or if it’s due to isolated events (often public) as was the case in the past. I probably haven’t browsed new prices in roughly 5 years and for used firearms it’s going on 3 years. I’m specifically referring to Glock and S&W handgun/jframe models that I’ve had but it could just be that I’m no longer “desensitized” to costs and taking outlier prices too seriously. To be clear I have owned a fair share of shotguns and black rifles but haven’t fully immersed myself in the rabbit hole quite yet. I am not trying to turn this into a subtle solicitation request and don’t want to violate any rules that were existing or possibly new to me. For those of you who I’ve never met or interacted with I’ve been in Georgia for over 20 years. I did my undergrad locally and got my JD here as well. I have been in the North Metro area predominantly but have spent a lot of time in/around Atlanta itself.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Revolvers have gone up dramatically.  $1000 blackhawks hurt my feelings, but that seems to be the norm, more or less.

Saw a somewhat rare Lipsey's 0873, used, sell for $1650 last week on gunbroker.  It was a $750 revolver when the batch was released a few years ago.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
From my perspective the gun prices haven't been quite as crazy as everything else. A few months ago I purchased a new G45 Glock for $450 but I have also seen some ridiculous prices too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember you.  Didn't realize you were a fellow JD.  Welcome back!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Revolvers have gone up dramatically.  $1000 blackhawks hurt my feelings, but that seems to be the norm, more or less.

Saw a somewhat rare Lipsey's 0873, used, sell for $1650 last week on gunbroker.  It was a $750 revolver when the batch was released a few years ago.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I used to have a S&W 442 and when I saw some of the prices listed on that same model I thought it wasn’t real. Btw I definitely remember your user name being active back when I was.

Quoted:
I remember you.  Didn't realize you were a fellow JD.  Welcome back!  

Yeah. Not a practicing attorney but I’ve worked for a Superior Court Judge, did trial work under the third year act. They actually handed me an entire felony case at Forsyth, among countless motion hearings, revos, etc. The only thing I didn’t handle was voir dire which was a dream compared to how Fulton County handles the process. Spent some time doing non glamorous discovery work for civil litigation but had a lot of “life” stuff happen around that time. Anyways, glad someone remembers me. Without looking I can’t remember when I last posted.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From my perspective the gun prices haven't been quite as crazy as everything else. A few months ago I purchased a new G45 Glock for $450 but I have also seen some ridiculous prices too.
View Quote

Just realized I also remember you. You guys are out at Carrollton correct? You did my SBR engraving waaaaay back. It was a LWRC lower that was a very early generation of their MRE color.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just realized I also remember you. You guys are out at Carrollton correct? You did my SBR engraving waaaaay back. It was a LWRC lower that was a very early generation of their MRE color.
View Quote

You are correct. Definitely one of those "long time no see" scenarios

We have a 60w laser now for our engraving projects.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I think everything went up about $300 at a minimum due to c0vid demand etc...
Not sure if things have come down other than AR items...
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome back, I remember you from before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top