Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 12:10:19 AM EDT
Gents, Coming to do a little time in Havelock. Normally I'm in Fayetteville or Jacksonville for work. Appears to be fairly small area. Any good eats around or anything to venture out to see? Definitely gonna have some time to spare and 1st time in the coastal part on NC.

Thx
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Marine base town.  Go to Morehead City if you want good food and actually see the coast (25minutes) or the opposite way to New Bern(20minutes).  I would be hard pressed to come up with any redeeming quality for Havelock unless you want a tattoo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would be hard pressed to come up with any redeeming quality for Havelock unless you want a tattoo.
View Quote
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in New Bern, there's a lot to do here these days as far as restaurants and nightlife- way more than 10 years ago when I lived here last time.

The beaches are nice, anywhere from Atlantic Beach down to Emerald Isle is a great place to hangout. Great seafood in Morehead City as well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
3 Gun and IPSAC shoots monthly at B&R Guns.

Patrons has the better Mexican food in Havelock.

MHC has plenty to offer in seafood.

How long are you in town for?
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I second the motion to go to Morehead City, make sure you eat at the Sanitary Fish Market, have ate there on occasion since the 70s. They do have a Smithfield’s in Havelock but I’m sure I’m in the minority of those who like it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I second the motion to go to Morehead City, make sure you eat at the Sanitary Fish Market, have ate there on occasion since the 70s. They do have a Smithfield’s in Havelock but I’m sure I’m in the minority of those who like it.
View Quote

Sanitary is decent, Southern Salt, IMHO has them all beat. The Down East Egg Rolls are amazing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If you go to New Bern check out Morgan's. Good place to eat. Never
have been disappointed there. Almost beside the place is a hardware
store that has about anything you need. I liked to jsut wander around
in there. They have stuff I've found nowhere else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top