Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2020 8:17:54 AM EDT
I was wondering if NM was getting the rush of people from the communist states like AZ.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
don't know about abq but santa fe is as crazy as ever.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Farmington is fucked. Covid, MLG, and a Biden presidency will collapse Gas and Oil in the US.

Santa Fe prices are kind of funky. I live on the south side and there was a lot of overreach on pricing last year. Eventually houses returned to a $5-10,000 increase. This shouldn't be $320,000.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think Farmington is fucked. Covid, MLG, and a Biden presidency will collapse Gas and Oil in the US.

Santa Fe prices are kind of funky. I live on the south side and there was a lot of overreach on pricing last year. Eventually houses returned to a $5-10,000 increase. This shouldn't be $320,000.
View Quote

the builder who built my house in RR also builds in SF.

they want, no fucking shit, $120,000 more for the same house with half the size yard.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that. 2 years ago I bought an ok house on the south side, where on a bad day you can smell the sewage plant by the airport, for $280,000. A house just like it, in my neighborhood, listed for a $100k more. All I can figure is that CA refugees are coming.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe that. 2 years ago I bought an ok house on the south side, where on a bad day you can smell the sewage plant by the airport, for $280,000. A house just like it, in my neighborhood, listed for a $100k more. All I can figure is that CA refugees are coming.
View Quote

when I sold my first place here, it was a damn 15 year old townhouse, I got like $60k more than I paid for it, I only lived there 5 years. it was purchased as a second home by some people from San Fran. I couldn't stand living there, hearing neighbors TV's, toilets flushing, ect.

The offer came in a hour after listing.

I looked at a ton of houses, it was all crap, over priced crap.

my last straw was looking at a house off Jaguar.

the price was... reasonable... the roof had been leaking for years and the ceiling was collapsing, the back yard was a mess, the garage roof had a leak. I looked at it the day it went on the market.

I submitted an offer pending inspection.. half an hour later they told me "yeah, someone just made an offer for 10k above asking without inspection"

I said, well I'm done here and moved to RR.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

when I sold my first place here, it was a damn 15 year old townhouse, I got like $60k more than I paid for it, I only lived there 5 years. it was purchased as a second home by some people from San Fran. I couldn't stand living there, hearing neighbors TV's, toilets flushing, ect.

The offer came in a hour after listing.

I looked at a ton of houses, it was all crap, over priced crap.

my last straw was looking at a house off Jaguar.

the price was... reasonable... the roof had been leaking for years and the ceiling was collapsing, the back yard was a mess, the garage roof had a leak. I looked at it the day it went on the market.

I submitted an offer pending inspection.. half an hour later they told me "yeah, someone just made an offer for 10k above asking without inspection"

I said, well I'm done here and moved to RR.
View Quote

Couple across the street from us sold their house before the realtor even put the sign up.  The offer was 15K over, no inspection and they only had 10 days to move.  Putting our house on the market next month.  Can't wait to be a Zoney again.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wait until all the CA assholes have to deal with the crime, bad schools, and poor health care.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just wait until all the CA assholes have to deal with the crime, bad schools, and poor health care.
View Quote

Would they even notice?

based on the appearance of Santa Fe 2019 summer, I think they're used to it. homeless on every corner, needles everywhere, trash everywhere.

about the only covid silver lining was a reduction in the homeless up here, and its still really bad.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went to an estate sale south of Moriarty recently.   The 600SqFt "home" was a shack handbuilt by someone with no skills, no knowledge, and no equipment.   It had crumbling stucco on two sides and tar paper over rough sawn lumber walls on the other two.   Not a straight line anywhere and the roof was caving in because the joists were 3ft apart.   No insulation anywhere, and you could see daylight through numerous gaps in the walls.   Two acres of useless land, no indoor plumbing, and a dry well.

Guess the listing price....
$50,000
and the seller's agent was confident it would sell at that price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top