Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm still doing load development for various rifles and shooting as normal (for me) due to having a good stock of supplies. I don't shoot competitions and my real personal shooting needs evolve around killing hogs and coyotes which averages maybe 150-200 rounds a year.

For scratching my trigger finger itch, training, and keeping skills up, that happens every other Monday at SWAT training. Our agency ammo supply is strong BUT we are taking notice more now of our round counts. Being able to shoot at work and getting free .223, 9mm, .40S&W, and .308 brass has allowed me to grow my personal stash via reloading for YEARS.

It sucks for those recently new to shooting or those who couldn't afford to stock up when times were better. My wife used to ask "why are you getting that" when at Wal-Mart I always tossed a bulk pack of .22LR or bulk pack of 12ga in the cart... now she sees why I was doing it.

I'll actually stop shooting as a normal thing when I hit about 500 rounds per chambering... I think I'll be in the ground before that happens... If not, I'll take up another hobby.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m considering selling my stockpile of primers and putting the money towards a camper or something at this point :-/
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Considering the price people are asking for primers you might be able to trade straight across at this point.

We are in desperate need of a new vehicle (new to us) but can't afford a car payment so maybe we should trade our primers and ammo for one

What a world where even considering such a thing is almost sensicle.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I could use a few small pistol primers if anyone wants to turn some loose.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Today I started smelting scrap wheel weights into ingots for eventual casting into projectiles.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I have 920# that I got from one tire shop.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My first post in 6 years or so.

I might pop off a 22LR on my property once in a while, but I think the last time my stepson and I went shooting was in 2012. He's in the USAF working on F-15s at Seymour Johnson in NC now.

I'm thinking about getting rid of everything 5.45 related, but haven't had the inspiration or time to sort it all out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first post in 6 years or so.

I might pop off a 22LR on my property once in a while, but I think the last time my stepson and I went shooting was in 2012. He's in the USAF working on F-15s at Seymour Johnson in NC now.

I'm thinking about getting rid of everything 5.45 related, but haven't had the inspiration or time to sort it all out.
View Quote

It's a sad world when this subject is your first new post in 6 years.  Unfortunately, the odds of our new POTUS banning imported ammo is sky high.  That would make feeding anything 5.45 or 7.62X39 a huge expensive pain in the butt when it's possible at all.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I make myself but its hard to enjoy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top