Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 12:04:50 PM EDT
Anyone in Travis County (Austin area) or Texas. What CLEO info do I need write in on the 5320.23 form before uploading it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Best bet since you are in Austin go into Silencer Shop since they are there and they can answer all your questions.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought all the E-File stuff was removed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone in Travis County (Austin area) or Texas. What CLEO info do I need write in on the 5320.23 form before uploading it?
View Quote
Not in Austin but in Granbury my form has the following.  I did the Form 1 through Silencershop the other day.

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought all the E-File stuff was removed.
View Quote
It is back and people are reporting 7-14 days on it.   I filed one on Friday so we will see.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just use the Texas DPS Director:

Steven McCraw
5805 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78752
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is back and people are reporting 7-14 days on it.   I filed one on Friday so we will see.
View Quote
Tag to hear back.

I've never done NFA because of the waits...are you saying 14 days total on a transfer?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tag to hear back.

I've never done NFA because of the waits...are you saying 14 days total on a transfer?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag to hear back.

No 7-14 days is a form 1.  I.e. you have a lower that you want to SBR or create your own suppressor from a solvent trap.   The Form 4 is for transfer and still kicking along at 180 +/- days.

Form 1 E-File discussion
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#8]
E-filed 3 form 1's and got them all back in under 2 weeks.

Just google the sheriff of your precinct.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I did mine recently with SS it went pending on the 18th but the NFA peeps said they haven’t got my finger print cards yet as of last Monday.  Hope my f1 goes through soon since I want to shoot my gun soon as a sbr.  If it does go through quick I’ll be doing a few more soon, have a police trade in g22 I want to throw in a spare Roni stock I have.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I used the Fort Bend County Sheriff for all my Form 1's. No issues.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I got my approved stamp on Tues. I used Ken Paxton as the CLEO
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I did mine recently with SS it went pending on the 18th but the NFA peeps said they haven’t got my finger print cards yet as of last Monday.  Hope my f1 goes through soon since I want to shoot my gun soon as a sbr.  If it does go through quick I’ll be doing a few more soon, have a police trade in g22 I want to throw in a spare Roni stock I have.
View Quote
SS is having some issues with the eform 1 at this time.  The ATF is saying an additional document will need to be signed by the customer to give them permission to send the eform 1 on our behalf. Because of this all the SS forms are not in the ATF system yet and have been placed in a holding pattern at the ATF (maybe) . They claim they will have it solved in about 2 weeks.

The good news is that they are supposed to be sending a swag bag and maybe a store credit to make up for the delay.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

SS is having some issues with the eform 1 at this time.  The ATF is saying an additional document will need to be signed by the customer to give them permission to send the eform 1 on our behalf. Because of this all the SS forms are not in the ATF system yet and have been placed in a holding pattern at the ATF (maybe) . They claim they will have it solved in about 2 weeks.

The good news is that they are supposed to be sending a swag bag and maybe a store credit to make up for the delay.
View Quote
For what it is worth, I just sent SS an email (just wanted to hear things from the horse's mouth), I got a call back from customer service in under 15mins, they explained everything which is pretty much what you said, with the bonus that we will be getting the swag bag and the credit.

I'm sure the delay will bother people, personally I wasn't ready to build anyway, so I'll just forget about all of this for a couple of weeks, and look forward to my swag!

SSDD
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For what it is worth, I just sent SS an email (just wanted to hear things from the horse's mouth), I got a call back from customer service in under 15mins, they explained everything which is pretty much what you said, with the bonus that we will be getting the swag bag and the credit.

I'm sure the delay will bother people, personally I wasn't ready to build anyway, so I'll just forget about all of this for a couple of weeks, and look forward to my swag!

SSDD
View Quote
Wonder if Capitol Armory is having the same issues with their F1 service? I was about to use them for that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wonder if Capitol Armory is having the same issues with their F1 service? I was about to use them for that.
View Quote
If you do use them let us know what they say.  The reason I used SS was because they were $20 cheaper than CA.

Maybe the $20 extra for the eform1 would have been worth it now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

SSDD
View Quote
SS is saying those of us that wait out the delay will get a
$75 gift card or we can cancel and get  ask an immediate refund of the tax stamp.  I am going to wait it out and get the gift card.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top