Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2022 7:44:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Your dealer buddy is close but, not quite on target. Private sales have not been outlawed, they have been made more complicated by universal background check laws that were enacted. Private sales can still happen, you just have to go to a dealer and have them run a background check. Not all dealers are willing to do the private sale background checks since the law limited the amount they can charge and some dealers don't feel the juice is worth the squeeze.

There are no registries in Va. except for machine guns. Machine gun owners have to register there machine gun with the state police, it has been that way for a long time is not anything new. If you count the background check as a registry, then every state has a registry.

ETA: yes, C&R is still valid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I suppose the flea market could still happen. Either someone with an FFL that is willing to do private sale background checks would need to be at the flea market, the VSP present since they offer background checks at gun shows or the 2 parties would need to meet up at an FFL outside of the flea market. Still doable but, a pita if you ask me.

I am hoping we take back the second chamber of the general assembly during the next election and some of the stupid BS the dems enacted to be repealed. Maybe i am thinking to big but, we will see.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suppose the flea market could still happen. Either someone with an FFL that is willing to do private sale background checks would need to be at the flea market, the VSP present since they offer background checks at gun shows or the 2 parties would need to meet up at an FFL outside of the flea market. Still doable but, a pita if you ask me.

I am hoping we take back the second chamber of the general assembly during the next election and some of the stupid BS the dems enacted to be repealed. Maybe i am thinking to big but, we will see.
View Quote

UBC's will never be removed in Va. Even if we retake the senate, we would need to rid ourselves of the 2 RPV senate phaggots that voted for it (assuming they are still in) even when they didn't have to.
Then you would have to convince Suzy Soccer mom that UBC's are bad, which we won't, as that is who Youngkin owes his victory to and who he answers to.
We may be able to get rid of 1 HG per month and reinstate preemption, but it will be an uphill battle that will be lost again once the democrats retake Va. I believe the state redistricting heavily favors the democrats.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

UBC's will never be removed in Va. Even if we retake the senate, we would need to rid ourselves of the 2 RPV senate phaggots that voted for it (assuming they are still in) even when they didn't have to.
Then you would have to convince Suzy Soccer mom that UBC's are bad, which we won't, as that is who Youngkin owes his victory to and who he answers to.
We may be able to get rid of 1 HG per month and reinstate preemption, but it will be an uphill battle that will be lost again once the democrats retake Va. I believe the state redistricting heavily favors the democrats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It never hurts to try, I refuse to give up and say it can't be done without trying first. After that vote the 2 RPV's might have been contacted from unhappy constituents and maybe the would vote for the repeal. The only way to know is to try. I am lucky in that my representation in both chambers are pro 2A and vote that way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It never hurts to try, I refuse to give up and say it can't be done without trying first. After that vote the 2 RPV's might have been contacted from unhappy constituents and maybe the would vote for the repeal. The only way to know is to try. I am lucky in that my representation in both chambers are pro 2A and vote that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I agree, fight until we are not breathing any longer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh I agree, fight until we are not breathing any longer.
View Quote

Exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top