Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2022 4:27:23 PM EDT
I don't see a current position statement from her on the 2A, but I'm not sure I'd trust her.

I could see her having no problems with Trump's "take the guns first, due process after"

The below is from 2013.
https://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/address-underlying-behavior-not-gun-legislation-087027

The key is leaving decisions about security measures to state and local authorities without edicts from the federal government. A one-size-fits-all solution to this problem is not realistic, and Washington does not know what is best for each community in America.

Unproven and emotionally driven gun control legislation is a common and simplistic response to gun-related tragedies, but such lawmaking usually fails to address the underlying problem. We must have a meaningful conversation about mental health issues and other possible cultural and societal contributors to violent behavior, such as violence in video games. As Americans, we must commit ourselves to the difficult task of addressing the human factor behind gun violence, rather than simplistically and emotionally attacking the tool used by criminals
View Quote

Nothing here instills a view in me that she is a strong 2A advocate

https://hartzler.house.gov/legislative-work/issues/ferc-at-the-lake-of-the-ozarks

Appears she voted FOR red flag gun laws in the defense authorization act.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Vickie Hartzler is in my district(#4) and when I've spoken to her in her local office, or emailed her on any stance of the 2nd Am. I've never had any indication that she was for nothing but the 2nd Am. and all that it stands for. She is for the people by everything I've seen when it comes to the Constitution, and how Missouri stands for gun laws.

She doesn't like that guns are used in crimes, but who isn't? However, she also knows that guns are NOT the problem with being used in crimes, but the people using the guns, and just passing more gun laws won't change a thing. She is for more punishment of the criminals and not blaming the gun for the cause.

Now Roy Blunt, that was a different matter in how he stood. He's a Rino and I'm glad he's leaving. He talked from both sides of his mouth.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
So where does she stand on red flag laws?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So where does she stand on red flag laws?
View Quote

Hartzler, did vote yes on confication of guns, but it only deals with the military from what I've read. Apparently it's wording was hidden within almost 1,400 pages of a NDAA bill that was needing to be passed for the year. Typical Democrat shit laws again. Put in a lot of words on a lot of paperwork that nobody has time to read to pass the law that everybody knows is unconstitutional.

I read where Hartzler was also trying to eliminate this particular passage of the confication of guns within this bill, but I don't know how that is going.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
All she, or any candidate, needs to understand is to just do whatever Hawley does. Seems pretty simple from what I have observed anyway. I might be wrong.

Even I could pull that off.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Why even entertain Hartzler when we have an opportunity to get Schmitt into the Senate???

Looks at what Schmitt has actually been doing while AG. Numerous lawsuits against the Biden Admin. Arguing before the Supreme Court on issues ranging from illegal immigration to CRT.

He’s got my vote.

He’s pro 2nd Amendment, anti red flag laws. The list  goes on.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#6]
As I posted in the Roy Blunt RINO thread:

Vickie Hartzler is the next Roy Blunt. IMHO
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why even entertain Hartzler when we have an opportunity to get Schmitt into the Senate???

Looks at what Schmitt has actually been doing while AG. Numerous lawsuits against the Biden Admin. Arguing before the Supreme Court on issues ranging from illegal immigration to CRT.

He’s got my vote.

He’s pro 2nd Amendment, anti red flag laws. The list  goes on.
View Quote

Oh, don't get me wrong... Schmitt looks good, but he's perhaps more valuable to MO as AG.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Hartzler seems pretty conservative to me.  I think it's absurd Greitens and that STL lawyer are even in the race.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#9]
My understanding is that she IS FOR red flag laws.  Can't show where she said that at this time but that is my understanding.
I agree that Schmitt would be great to stay at AG but at this point we need some hard nose conservative pro 2A folks in Washington not someone who might be for red flag and/or other laws depending on how the political winds blow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top