Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2020 2:00:54 AM EDT
It’s late and I’m tired, so my apologies if this isn’t completely coherent. I’m going to just brain dump what I’ve seen going on around me.

There have been two “events” so far in Harrison; a sign was defaced and a police cruise was tagged with BLM graffiti. There are two protests planned/acknowledged - one tomorrow evening at 7pm on the square, and one Friday afternoon at 4pm starting in the junior high parking lot. I’m not terribly worried about the actual protests themselves, but rather what’s being brought in around them.

I’m hearing that there have been specific, credible threats targeting the Klan out in Zinc and those affiliated - or seen to be affiliated - with them. Apparently there is a relatively heavy police presence out there already, and they’re preventing people from driving through the area if they don’t live there. There are two businesses just off the square that have been mentioned specifically, and the general expectation is that there will be at least an attempt to burn them.

I live in city limits, and am not sure what’s happening overall at this point, but am prepared for pretty much anything. If there’s anyone nearby that’s going to be in the area or has access to specific information about what’s coming, I’d appreciate a heads-up. In particular, I’d like more frequencies for the various groups that are expecting to be responding to this shit so I can keep up with it live.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Some relevant screenshots:

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy hell!

I hope it ends up being a non event for you and yours.

There is one in Rogers tonight; but I am noticing that the news is starting to give less and less coverage of them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Surprised there would be protests in Harrison.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Surprised there would be protests in Harrison.
View Quote

So was I, but I guess it makes sense considering our reputation within the state.

FWIW, it passed mostly without incident. I understand a few rocks were thrown, but that’s about it. No property damage and no injuries to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So was I, but I guess it makes sense considering our reputation within the state.

FWIW, it passed mostly without incident. I understand a few rocks were thrown, but that’s about it. No property damage and no injuries to my knowledge.
View Quote

I’m surprised the protestors survived.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top