Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2020 10:03:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Cut back on the snacking and try to lose 5lbs so my 31" waste pants fit again.

shoot my rifles more

buy more ammo

The last two will be easy but the first one will be the tough one because I have a sweet tooth and my wife thinks she has to keep the house stocked with candy all the time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No resolution but I wanna see the GTO when done!
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up on and pretty much trashed a trail 70 still have it in the barn but is in sorry condition

Get in shape is goal #1

#2 learn to play guitar worth a damn I can play a little and really enjoy it but life and kids have kept me from really dedicating myself to it. Maybe I'll take some lessons or just force myself to play an hour a night after the family goes to sleep
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
"Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to the light" - Milton

I'd like to make a resolution this year that I might actually adhere to for a change. I have put in place some small changes this past year regarding reminders in my calendar for daily devotion to prayer and Bible reading along with biblical literacy testing. For the most part I was able to morph some of that tech into aids that actually helped me stay focused on those things with healthy habits in daily fashions.

What I'd like to do this year? Focus time on literature. I'm not that well read - not like I should be. Sure, I'm sufficient with intellectuals, but probably only because I listen to lectures all day long while working. Additionally, most modern intellectuals fall into two categories - most are post modern progressives so their thinking is incoherent and self indulgent, so they can be seen a mile away and quickly refuted if problematic, while the rest are often just self indulgent. In truth, most intellectuals I come in contact with assume me a rube by the way I look or dress, so I'm a 'sleeper' in that regard. Besides, most would rather talk than listen, so giving them a chance to yammer on while you ask them questions typically leads to them eventually contradicting themselves. This can be fun when you find some that are easy to lead... I come across nearly none nowadays that actually are interested in learning new things or exploring ideas.

The lectures do tend to rub off on me and that is helpful. But there are classic pieces of literature I've yet to read, digest, and understand in context. I spend time watching re-runs late at night of mindless sitcoms in an effort to unwind. I'm rethinking that now. I think it is time for me to spend time on reading material that matters. Besides, my kids watch too much TV and it starts with me. If I set the example like this two things are likely. 1, These new yet-to-be-formed habits will benefit my kids as much as they do me, for they will emulate their Dad. 2, The weight of knowing I'll be letting my kids down if I don't implement this change will elevate the stakes and emphasis on my New Year choice.

Wish me luck.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top