Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2020 4:21:38 PM EDT
Am getting the hell out of Alabama this summer for at least a month. Just can not take the heat anymore.

Want to stay in a fishing village that has at least a few really good restaurants and bars. Expect to eat myself sick on lobster and such.
Any advice?
Thanks , Para069
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you like to hike,fish,kayak etc?
Acadia National Park area is awesome.
Very quiet this year with so few visitors which is nice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you like to hike,fish,kayak etc?
Acadia National Park area is awesome.
Very quiet this year with so few visitors which is nice.
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Restaurants and bars are take out only at best.
View Quote

They are open. Just not all.
I ate in a restaurant last week.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Eastern Maine is slowly coming back to life.
Restaurants at ~~50% capacity.
Air BNBs, motels etc.
Washington county had 2 cases..
They both got better..
Over 2 damned months ago.
You want lobster.. we got it
And with the demand low the prices are good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
ironically its historically hot up here right now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to piggyback off this if that's ok OP

Family will be in Portland next week for a couple days.  Any suggestions on things to see/check out with 9 year olds?
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, look into some of the more remote towns on MDI  (Mount Desert Island) like Southwest Harbor or NorthEast Harbor.  You may find lodging there for a bit and there are plenty of places to eat and drink.  You'll have access to Bar Harbor which can get a bit crowded although, as mentioned above, it's an off year for that area.  There's really no reason you cant enjoy them all.  There's a terrific museum there called Seal Harbor Museum which has one of the country's foremost collection of original, one-off types of antique cars including the first Stanley Steamer.  For a quiet, traditional Maine setting, however, you'll have a hard time beating SouthWest Harbor.  

Other than that, you might look even further North up to Lubec although I don't think there's much of a nightlife up there yet.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top