Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2020 8:14:39 PM EDT
Question about hand stops, which are OK and not considered VFGs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a hand stop, it is not illegal to put on a featureless rifle.

Are you planning to push the legal limits and become a test case?

I saw one listed as a hand stop but it had finger grooves.  To use that would be looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 3:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd look up the definition to see how clear or wobbly it is.  The definition of flash suppressor, for example, seems to me to lack technical objective clarity.  I have personal opinions of it's enforceability but I'm not about to be a test case.

"(t) “Forward pistol grip” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp forward of the trigger."  Seems fairly clear.  If wrapping one's hand around the handguard, I'd think OK, if grasping it below the hand guard, maybe not.

Not sure how this compares or works with the vertical fore grip cited in other laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top