Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2022 1:21:12 PM EDT
Yes, this is yet another “My family and I are looking to move to TN” thread.

We found a piece of unrestricted property in Hamblen County. Plenty of acreage to shoot on. With it being unrestricted and other state laws, I know we can shoot on the property, however does Hamblen County have any other ordinances or regulations about shooting on private property?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
“I know we can shoot on the property”

Then what’s the issue? You’ve answered your own question.

That being said, it’s the neighbors who could be a problem more than anything. Not that they have a legal leg to stand on, but could just be a real PITA. How close are the closest neighbors?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That being said, it’s the neighbors who could be a problem more than anything. Not that they have a legal leg to stand on, but could just be a real PITA. How close are the closest neighbors?
View Quote

Closest neighbors would be across the street but the range would be behind our home, a cleared area and some tree lines. There’s a ridge running along one side of the property that I’ll be shooting along/into which should help in dampening the noise.

To be more specific, I intend to put a 50yd x 100yd flat range on the property. I plan to train, not “target practice” as most people think of when they here “I want to shoot on my property”. I’ll run a suppressor as much as I can to be as considerate as I can. I was more concerned with any weird ordnances by the county or anything that I wasn’t aware of.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Closest neighbors would be across the street but the range would be behind our home, a cleared area and some tree lines. There’s a ridge running along one side of the property that I’ll be shooting along/into which should help in dampening the noise.

To be more specific, I intend to put a 50yd x 100yd flat range on the property. I plan to train, not “target practice” as most people think of when they here “I want to shoot on my property”. I’ll run a suppressor as much as I can to be as considerate as I can. I was more concerned with any weird ordnances by the county or anything that I wasn’t aware of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where you see shooting/noise ordinances is in incorporated cities and municipalities. One thing to be aware of is how far you are from one. Depending on neighbors and such you could be annexed in order to “quiet” you down. Doesn’t happen a lot but you never know who your neighbors are and what political clout they may have.

It appears you’re going about it in a way that shouldn’t raise too many hackles unlike those that do mag dumps especially early or late.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where you see shooting/noise ordinances is in incorporated cities and municipalities. One thing to be aware of is how far you are from one. Depending on neighbors and such you could be annexed in order to “quiet” you down. Doesn’t happen a lot but you never know who your neighbors are and what political clout they may have.

It appears you’re going about it in a way that shouldn’t raise too many hackles unlike those that do mag dumps especially early or late.
View Quote

I try to be considerate as possible. Mag dumps aren’t my thing. I try to make every round purposeful. From what I can tell, people in TN are far more accepting to shooting on private property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top