Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2020 10:07:38 PM EDT
I’m starting to look like a homeless guy so if you know anyone in Shelby county doing haircuts at home shoot me a PM. Otherwise I’m going to have to give myself a haircut and will probably end up cutting my ear off or something

———

Score! Found a girl who works at a haircut place and got it handled. She says she is available if you need one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm kinda digging the Grizzly Adams look.  I stopped shaving when they closed barber shops and my employer insisted that I'm "essential".
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife says she is willing to try cutting it after she watches some Youtube vids to get some hints. Getting close to giving it a try. It will always grow back I guess. I’m going to get a price on that Flowbee ??
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Just cut it yourself. It's not some arcane talent held by a select few. Have your wife trim the back of your neck area since that's cumbersome to do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just cut it yourself. It's not some arcane talent held by a select few. Have your wife trim the back of your neck area since that's cumbersome to do.
View Quote

Take an old belt and run it across the back of your neck, with the ends angling forward across your ears and meeting at your forehead (where you can hold both ends with one hand), then trim with the clippers in your other hand, using the belt as a guide for where to stop.  Keeps things fairly straight.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump with update
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Then there is always the option for the Boot Camp buzz.  Simple and quick and the same length all over.  LOL

Some of us really old farts grew up with it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Then there is always the option for the Boot Camp buzz.  Simple and quick and the same length all over.  LOL

Some of us really old farts grew up with it.
View Quote

I had one until high school.

Went back to it a few years ago, because it was less trouble.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I cut my own for half my adult life until a fucked up arm/elbow made reaching the back of my head nearly impossible.  My last haircut was in Nov. and I left it longer for winter.  Finally broke down and cut it myself today and even the wife is impressed how good I did.  My barber does suck anyway so this may be my new normal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I cut my own....
Got tired of trying to find time for the barber..

30$ has already paid itself back tenfold
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I might need to get those digits, I'm looking pretty raggedy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top