Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 8:14:36 PM EDT
Yes I finally washed my new F-150 and found it was shotgunned by the hail on 3-25.

Since do not have a garage my truck sits out side. I thought I lucked out but after waging it I find I have about 50 small dings in the hood and around 100 on the roof. The Tonoe cover has about 75 dings that are noticeable and will be replaced.

The dings are seen as distortions in the paint reflection and very lite but being a new truck I want them out.

I talked to my insurance and it will cost just 100 bucks out of pocket.

So who does good work in Austin?

To solve my cover problem I plan to move out of Austin when I settle my mother’s estate. Looking for land in Burnet or Milan counties.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used Dent Works on Burnet Road in the past.

One of the few PDR folks that have a permanent workshop and are not some guy working out of a van down by the river.

They can get busy and work by appointment so you may need to wait a few weeks, but I have always been happy with their repairs and they have always been honest with me on whether they can repair a specific dent/ding.

http://www.dentworks.com/

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have that many dents and only a 100 deductible you may want to just use your insurance companies recommended shop.  Most of the time this gives you a lifetime warranty and if they don’t do a good job the insurance company will have to make it right.  If you pick the shop it’s then between you and the shop to make it right and the insurance company won’t want anything to do with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top