Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2021 10:24:47 PM EDT
MaCann , Island, chain, and Clear lake.  Great folks up in Rusk and surrounding Counties.  I understand the FIB thing on 39/90 North.  But I saw a shit ton on Min. plates on the way home before we got to Eau Claire, and all the way East.

Any time I'm a FISHTAB , I make sure I don't bring shame to myself.  I love the state , and the people with the Trump flags out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Just left WI myself and fished a small lake. Had a great time and enjoyed seeing the Trump flags and the American flags flying in trucks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
MaCann , Island, chain, and Clear lake.  Great folks up in Rusk and surrounding Counties.  I understand the FIB thing on 39/90 North.  But I saw a shit ton on Min. plates on the way home before we got to Eau Claire, and all the way East.

Any time I'm a FISHTAB , I make sure I don't bring shame to myself.  I love the state , and the people with the Trump flags out.
View Quote

It used to be known as the "Blue Diamond" region. Did you fish on Sand Lake at all? Or Potato Lake? Those are my 2 favorites in that area. My parents used to have a cottage on Sand Lake, decades ago. I fished that area a lot as a teen (and drank a bunch of Leinenkugels, Walters, and Grain Belt ). I haven't been there in about 12-15 years now.

ETA: Sand Lake has a hole that's 98' deep, not far from the public landing. It's one of the deepest lakes in the state. When my dad died in 1996, my mom wanted to put his ashes in his boat and sink it, right over that hole. My sister and I talked her out of it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a good set of lakes.  I haven't been on Island lake in probably 8 years.  When my FIL and MIL were still married we'd do 5-6 weekends a summer on their lake front property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top