Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2021 11:30:38 AM EDT
Now that I’m closing in on Completion of my P80 build that I mentioned earlier I am moving on to assembling an AR-15 build.  I bought a 10.5” pistol build kit from Palmetto State Armory  just to keep this first build as simple as possible.  It comes with a SBA 3 brace and I am looking forward to jumping to this new platform.  I am hoping to keep this build fairly simple. The kit I ordered is a 10.5” barrel with a M-LOK rail it comes with a full length Pic Rail on both the top and bottom so I should have plenty of real estat for the add-ons I have planned.  Here’s my question. Where should I attach he following:
- SLING
- Red DOT
- REAR and FORWARD backup iron sights
- WEAPONLIGHT

TYVM  for everyone’s input and help and thanks in advance for the help and assistance I’m sure I’ll need  as I continue on this journey.

Sincerely!

RON
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Good questions, and I am sure that you will get some great replies.  You can look through the AR discussion forums here and see setups in the picture threads.

Remember--how one person likes to set their AR up can vary differently from another's.  That is the beauty of the AR.

Sling--I recommend an adjustable two point with QD buttons.  You can mount the sling anywhere from the brace to the front part of the rail and anywhere in between.  Find the location and combination you like best.

Red dot--whichever one you go with; near the center of the upper receiver.  Pretty simple.

Backups--at the end of the upper receiver above the charging handle.  Front as far forward on the rail as possible, and depending on if it is a flip up, enough room to lower and protect it.

Light--at the 3 or 9 position on the rail, depending on if you are left or right handed.

I hope that helps!

BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top