Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 2:13:48 AM EDT
We need to contact Senator Lincoln Hough and respectfully request that his committee quickly take up and pass HB 85/310.

https://www.senate.mo.gov/mem30/
Contact Information
201 W Capitol Ave., Rm. 419
Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
OFFICE: (573) 751-1311

https://www.senate.mo.gov/gafo/

Senator Lincoln Hough, 30th, Chairman

https://house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills211/hlrbillspdf/0767S.09C.pdf

Senator Bill White
OFFICE: (573) 751-2173
[email protected]

Senator Mike Bernskoetter
OFFICE: (573) 751-2076
[email protected]

Senator Mike Cierpiot
OFFICE: (573) 751-1464
[email protected]

Senator Tony Luetkemeyer
OFFICE: (573) 751-2183

Senator Holly Rehder
OFFICE: (573) 751-2459

Senator John Rizzo  DEM
(573) 751-3074

Senator Steven Roberts  DEM
OFFICE: (573) 751-4415
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Referring a bill... Is that what they do to avoid a vote?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Referring a bill... Is that what they do to avoid a vote?
View Quote

I'm not sure what to think at this point. When listening to our government representatives at the rally and talking with the assistants of Senators Schatz and Rowden, I was not left with a feeling of assured victory...by far.
  I know we have some die-hard reps that are certainly representing us, Americans that is; yet there are enough of them 'playing politics' that it could send HB85 and the like to the dumpster...once again.
  I'm most sick of all the 'sunshine pumping' from the politicians. Instead of them pushing forward to the finish line and victory; it's the carrot dangling out front to keep the masses running the track. Round and round we go.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
This is likely just procedural. Passing the house is unlikely to be a problem, the senate however is a different matter.

SB 39 looks to be currently scheduled to be back up 5/3

https://www.senate.mo.gov/21info/BTS_Web/Actions.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=54242152

How the cop being shot in St Peter's yesterday will affect this is another story however... you can be sure the Sherrifs Association will be shouting it from the rooftops.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is likely just procedural. Passing the house is unlikely to be a problem, the senate however is a different matter.

SB 39 looks to be currently scheduled to be back up 5/3

https://www.senate.mo.gov/21info/BTS_Web/Actions.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=54242152

How the cop being shot in St Peter's yesterday will affect this is another story however... you can be sure the Sherrifs Association will be shouting it from the rooftops.
View Quote

We really do not want SB 39 (The senate version of SAPA) to go forward. There is barely two weeks left in the session and it would have to go to the house and get passed and then hope it wont get vetoed with no time to override. They should just bring up HB 85 in the Senate and vote to pass it. Then we would have two weeks to override any veto. In my mind the Senate moving their version forward at this stage is not a serious effort to pass it. That said, if they did pass it then at least it would give the more 2a friendly house a chance to take it and get it done.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
If passed and then vetoed the veto session would be in Sept not two weeks after the veto.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We really do not want SB 39 (The senate version of SAPA) to go forward. There is barely two weeks left in the session and it would have to go to the house and get passed and then hope it wont get vetoed with no time to override. They should just bring up HB 85 in the Senate and vote to pass it. Then we would have two weeks to override any veto. In my mind the Senate moving their version forward at this stage is not a serious effort to pass it. That said, if they did pass it then at least it would give the more 2a friendly house a chance to take it and get it done.
View Quote

I thought they had done a substitute for the house bill.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If passed and then vetoed the veto session would be in Sept not two weeks after the veto.
View Quote

Yep, and I wouldnt trust Parson.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought they had done a substitute for the house bill.
View Quote

As evidenced by the above I really don't know how all this works. I just know what they said at the rally. Mainly, to go to the president pro tem and voice support for an immediate vote on hb 85.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#9]
When my wife and I talked with Senator Schatz assistant she said they were moving with HB85 since it was the furthest along. Your guess is as good as mine as to when that might happen. I do know there was a big battle over the Senate, which voted to defund the Medicaid expansion that was voted in last ballot by the people of Missouri. And I'm glad they did that; we don't need anymore handout programs. It will probably go to court though.

There's just a pile-up of legislation waiting to be heard before this session is over. Everyone has their pet project and wants it passed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Time to make the phones light up and fill his email box.

It is worth noting that Greene County's Sheriff has been one of the most vocal opponents of the SAPA... and perhaps worth mentioning in your missives.

From Ron Calzone:

The Missouri legislature has only until May 15th to pass the Second Amendment Preservation Act, and there are still "gate keepers" it must get past.

Clearly, the House version, HB 85, is the bill that must move at this late date, and it appears that's what Senate Leadership intends to do. They can't take SAPA to the floor, however, unless the Governmental Accountability and Fiscal Oversight Committee (GAFO) holds a hearing and agrees to vote "do pass."

The VERY BAD news is, that committee is chaired by Senator Lincoln Hough, the senator most responsible for stalling SAPA in 2020.

HB 85 was assigned to his committee a week ago, but he still hasn't scheduled it for the hearing he plans to hold tomorrow (Wednesday). (Check the latest hearing schedule here: https://www.senate.mo.gov/hearingsschedule/hrings.htm#4)

I'm convinced that Senate pro tem Dave Schatz wants to take up and pass HB 85 out of the Senate, but he can't take action until Sen. Lincoln Hough lets the bill go through his committee.

ACTION ITEM:

Call, email, visit in person Senator Lincoln Hough and tell him to immediately vote HB 85 out of committee.  He has time, today (Tuesday) to schedule it for his regular hearing tomorrow (Wednesday).

Sen. Lincoln Hough
201 W Capitol Ave., Rm. 419
Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
OFFICE: (573) 751-1311
[email protected]

Please drop what you're doing and send Sen. Hough a message now!

In liberty,

- Ron
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I've called Senator Hough multiple times/days and only get Voice Mail....which I leave a message each time.  I put the rest of the Senators in the committee in the OP and just called all of them this AM...one got one VM, the rest I got somebody in the office.  I just ask that they vote "do pass" on HB 85 and that it's in the Governmental Accountability and Fiscal Oversight Committee right now (these guys are on multiple committee's so give them at least this much info).  I even called those 2 Dem's.  A couple ask where you live...I just told them what county I'm in.

Senator White's office said she was going to also send somebody over there to see why calls keep going to voice mail.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I believe the session in Jeff City ends May 14 rather than the 15th. With the usual 2 1/2 day work week not many days left.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I sent an email.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
It looks like it is scheduled for a hearing tomorrow morning!

5/05/2021Public Hearing Scheduled (S) - Thursday, May 6, 8:15 a.m., SCR 1

https://www.house.mo.gov/Bill.aspx?bill=HB85&year=2021&code=R
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top