Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/25/2021 6:10:08 PM EDT
For those that don't want to be to what to put in their bodies. This bill, similar to the one on Florida, will prohibit mandatory vaccinations and vaccine passports.

https://legiscan.com/OH/bill/HB248/2021

Let your legislators know how you stand on this.

"In a nutshell, HB 248, when it becomes law, will prohibit descrimination against people who are not vaccinated by all local and state government entities in Ohio, including local schools and universities, as well as by private businesses and corporate entities doing business in Ohio.  See the recent presentation on HB 248 by Stephanie Stock, President of Ohio Advocates for Medical Freedom (OAMF) here. "
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is a cosponsor
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Just did a quick reading but this appears to apply to all vaccines.  I want schools to be able to mandate that proven vaccines are required.  I prefer not to see a resurgence in deadly diseases that we have all but wiped out through vaccines.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just did a quick reading but this appears to apply to all vaccines.  I want schools to be able to mandate that proven vaccines are required.  I prefer not to see a resurgence in deadly diseases that we have all but wiped out through vaccines.
View Quote

Humm, looking thru it , it does appear to say that school vaccines are allowed to be opted out of.  I agree, that does not seem to be a great idea.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah no thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I want parents to have the right to choose what vaccines are right for their children, and which are not. Not the school to have that choice. Choice is a good thing.

Hope this gains traction.

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I want parents to have the right to choose what vaccines are right for their children, and which are not. Not the school to have that choice. Choice is a good thing.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

This......given Covid has a 99.7% survival rate, don't see it being as deadly as TB or Polio.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I really am struggling with this one.  

One hand, heck yeah! don't force me to take a vaccine that has only been around for a year at most.  If I don't take it, cant work, travel, buy things, goto school etc...

On the other hand, there are a lot of hippy dippy shits out there that won't get their kids vaccinated because some crazy movie star said not to.  There are diseases that have been all but eradicated via vaccinations, but what kid now adays gets a polio vaccine.  None that I know of.  

If I vaccinate my kids against chicken pox and the other stuff they have had to have to goto school, what does it matter to me if others don't get their kids vaccinated?  Maybe money since tax dollars would have to be spent to pay for them most likely in the hospital.

I am not antivaccine.  I have probably had more than 3 people put together (well, maybe not on this site) but those have had a long history.  Something new like this?  Naw, thanks but no thanks at the moment.  Talk to me in 5 years or so
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I really am struggling with this one.  

One hand, heck yeah! don't force me to take a vaccine that has only been around for a year at most.  If I don't take it, cant work, travel, buy things, goto school etc...

On the other hand, there are a lot of hippy dippy shits out there that won't get their kids vaccinated because some crazy movie star said not to.  There are diseases that have been all but eradicated via vaccinations, but what kid now adays gets a polio vaccine.  None that I know of.  

If I vaccinate my kids against chicken pox and the other stuff they have had to have to goto school, what does it matter to me if others don't get their kids vaccinated?  Maybe money since tax dollars would have to be spent to pay for them most likely in the hospital.

I am not antivaccine.  I have probably had more than 3 people put together (well, maybe not on this site) but those have had a long history.  Something new like this?  Naw, thanks but no thanks at the moment.  Talk to me in 5 years or so
View Quote

Ok, first, don't think the following is solely picking on you but using this quote because it's here.

Freedom is scary - suck it up.

This mentality is bullshit, and a good chunk of the reason stupid shit gets passed into law to start with.

Do you agree with no gun zones? - same shit different stink.

This trying to hand pick, case, color, location, class, education level, feature, etc. where a law is supposed to apply is bullshit.

If you don't want to be forced to take a vaccine, why would you oppose this because it may let someone else not have to be forced to take a vaccine they don't want to take.

It's the same in my mind as someone who thinks the 2nd amendment was written to protect hunting rifles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't think you're picking on me.  That's how we for opinions, hashing them out against others.

Freedom is scary, but there is lots of stuff that is regulated, or mandated.  Freedom is never absolute.  We just have to make sure rules are constrained.  

Don't agree with the gun free comparison.  You can have a gun concealed and no one knows its there regardless of the gun free zone.  Which I do not agree with btw.  
 With a sickness, virus, whatever, same thing almost.  You can be sick and no one knows it, maybe not even you.  The difference is though, that can be passed to others, where as triggers need to be pulled for a gun to be a problem (if at all).  
There have always been laws on the books that you can be quarantined if ill.  It's different now of course, which is bullshit.  

"If you don't want to be forced to take a vaccine, why would you oppose this because it may let someone else not have to be forced to take a vaccine they don't want to take"

That's the part that I'm trying to reconcile.  If I'm vaccinated, or my kids are, why the hell would I care if someone isn't?  I guess its that I see the benifit of vaccines.  If you live in the boonies and you and your kids have no contact with anyone else then whatever.  If you live in a society though, there is always trade offs.  Not throwing your shit in the ditch still are you?  There's laws saying you can't.

Hunting rifle is not the only intended use of the 2nd.  The founders were wise beyond their peers ( and ours) putting that in.  They knew what government is and can do to men.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"If you don't want to be forced to take a vaccine, why would you oppose this because it may let someone else not have to be forced to take a vaccine they don't want to take"

That's the part that I'm trying to reconcile.  If I'm vaccinated, or my kids are, why the hell would I care if someone isn't?  I guess its that I see the benifit of vaccines.  If you live in the boonies and you and your kids have no contact with anyone else then whatever.  If you live in a society though, there is always trade offs.  Not throwing your shit in the ditch still are you?  There's laws saying you can't.

View Quote

You missed the point.

There should be nothing to reconcile. If you support a law that allows you to choose not to get vaccinated, it is hypocritical to support it if and only if it applies to Covid-19 vaccines.

I support laws saying everyone can't throw shit in a ditch.

I do NOT support changing that law to say only ditches this wide, deep, etc. are protected from getting shit thrown in them.

Same thing with 2A, it's hypocritical to think you support the 2A if you think it only applies to XXX
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#14]
lol, I really am sorry I brought up the pooping in a ditch!    But... it is legal to poop in a hole while out camping or hiking.  So location and size does matter at times.

Holding two opposing viewpoints is kind of the hallmark of being human.  I'm Catholic and think abortion is abhorrent.  Although I have no issue with the death penalty.  So age of victim and why they were killed matter to me.  

Hope the 2nd Amendment argument was just hypothetical.  I have no issues with the reasoning behind the amendment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Choice is better in any aspect (maybe even freedom?)

Who defines "proven"? If the CDC and FDA come out tomorrow and say the Covid vaccines are to be considered proven does that change anything?

Edit because original quote was confusing
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Any law like this that allows citizens to choose what is right and wrong for them is good. I don't welcome any government telling me what's "good" for me medically - I don't care if something is proven or not. Whether or not we're dealing with a 1 year old vaccine or 100 year old vaccine isn't the point. Medical freedom, and freedom of choice, and private medical records and conversations with your doctor are what's important.

Why should anyone else care what you do (or don't do) anyway? If they've vaccinated, they're "safe", right? We need a bill like this to become law. If "my body, my choice" applies to killing innocent unborn children, then it sure as heck applies here.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top