User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No! Thank you @DonofKalifornia,

Thank you for all that you have done keeping this in the fore front for everyone!

Thank you for all your hard work, Love you brother (No Homo)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to really thank all of you for making calls, sending e mails, testifying on line, and even showing up in Austin.

When this all started all I asked was to contact Speaker Phelan to appoint a solid 2A chair to Homeland Security Committee and do what he could to get Constitutional Carry to the floor for a vote. Well he did all we asked him to do, so Speaker Phelan deserves a big thank you too.

Thank you for all that you have done keeping this in the fore front for everyone!

Ditto, maybe a little homo.

Phelan and Schaefer are getting an email from me, thanking them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Great news and now I need to start calling my state Senator.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to really thank all of you for making calls, sending e mails, testifying on line, and even showing up in Austin.

When this all started all I asked was to contact Speaker Phelan to appoint a solid 2A chair to Homeland Security Committee and do what he could to get Constitutional Carry to the floor for a vote. Well he did all we asked him to do, so Speaker Phelan deserves a big thank you too.

Thanks, funny thing is I will always have my LTC, it is only $40 for 5 years, and maybe 5 minutes of my time to renew. So for me I really don’t gain anything, but it is the right thing to do. I love proving anti-gunners wrong considering in California I had to eat the ‘shit sandwich’ quite a few times. I am kind of an ultimate freedom type person that wants to be left alone.

It is also a lot for some good ole ‘Texas bragging rights’ for all of us.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That goes a long way, considering mostly they hear a lot of whining.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks, funny time is I will always have my LTC, it is only $40 for 5 years, and maybe 5 minutes of my time to renew. So for me I really don’t gain anything, but it is the right thing to do. I love proving anti-gunners wrong considering in California I had to eat the ‘shit sandwich’ quite a few times. I am kind of an ultimate freedom type person that wants to be left alone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, funny time is I will always have my LTC, it is only $40 for 5 years, and maybe 5 minutes of my time to renew. So for me I really don’t gain anything, but it is the right thing to do. I love proving anti-gunners wrong considering in California I had to eat the ‘shit sandwich’ quite a few times. I am kind of an ultimate freedom type person that wants to be left alone.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
A clarification for some, Abbott has said in the past he will sign these CC bills IF they make it to his desk. Has he said or done anything since to make you think he won't? Yes, he is a politician, and most politicians' words are written on rice paper in a rainstorm, but do you think he will screw us in the end?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A clarification for some, Abbott has said in the past he will sign these CC bills IF they make it to his desk. Has he said or done anything since to make you think he won't? Yes, he is a politician, and most politicians' words are written on rice paper in a rainstorm, but do you think he will screw us in the end?
View Quote
I'm much less worried about Abbott than I am the senate.  I know they are all politicians but that's just my gut feel.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm much less worried about Abbott than I am the senate.  I know they are all politicians but that's just my gut feel.  
View Quote

I have this nagging feeling something will happen between now and that final vote. Hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:16:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We passed Constitutional Carry 84 ayes!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wrapping things up.

Bill author to close on the bill.

Rep Matt Schaefer has done such a good job with this bill.  

Final vote coming up.

Speaker Dade Phelan as well - such a change from last session.

Final vote - 84 yes, 56 no.  CC passes House!
View Quote

Good.  I wish leadership had the ability to roll identical amendments into one to avoid this intentional slow walking.

I would have not made it past Amendment 3 and just replied back to these miserable democrats and call them out for their games.  The sponsor was extremely professional and patient - something the other side was not.

I guess the democrats still can run & hide in another state to kill this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I worry about Dan Patrick, he is not pro-gun. He tried derailing both open carry and campus carry. There are two weak on guns Republicans in the senate Nichols and Seliger, and we kind of need at least one if not both to vote for CC. Huffman is the third Republican and is as anti-gun as most Democrats just not as vocal. If Dan Patrick was really a pro-gun conservative then it would be an easier lift because Nichols and Seliger could not hide behind Patrick.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I worry about Dan Patrick, he is not pro-gun. He tried derailing both open carry and campus carry. There are two weak on guns Republicans in the senate Nichols and Seliger, and we kind of need at least one if not both to vote for CC. Huffman is the third Republican and is as anti-gun as most Democrats just not as vocal. If Dan Patrick was really a pro-gun conservative then it would be an easier lift because Nichols and Seliger could not hide behind Patrick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would presume Dan Patrick has political aspirations beyond Lt. Gov.  We need to flood his office with calls/emails starting today and politely inference his future electability in The Great State is predicated upon his current support of CC and other favorable 2A bills.

Same with those three anti-gun shill R State Senators...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would presume Dan Patrick has political aspirations beyond Lt. Gov.  We need to flood his office with calls/emails starting today and politely inference his future electability in The Great State is predicated upon his current support of CC and other favorable 2A bills.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two to lean on are Nichols and Seliger, both are in districts that could elect a more conservative Republican. Huffman not so much, could wind up with a Democrat in the seat.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was impressed with Amendment 19 so take if you were charged with simple possession of handgun, your record is expunged

Passed 145 to 0
View Quote

Yeah that's my Rep.  She's pretty terrible on most issues, so when I saw her name in the list of amendments I figured she proposed something idiotic, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have concerns with Dannie Goeb, he is originally from the North East but tries to play a conservative. IIRC in the past he said something to the effect of "I'll support what the police want" in regards to Constitutional Carry. He definitely needs to feel the pressure, letters, phone calls, etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked too well with John Cornyn has it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cornyn has done OK, he was #2 in the senate, and still is #2 Republican in the Senate. Cornyn also is not looking to move up like run for President. Patrick at 71 is a bit old to move up, unless Abbott did not run. I would rather have Abbott as Governor over Patrick.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey I actually saw Senator Milk Carton (Have you seen me?) on lots of ads last year, as it was an election year for him.

Now back to the usual 5-1/2 years in the missing man formation.

But, he'll fight, fight I tells ya, for the Carry Reciprocity Bill, his throwaway bill to claim he's a big 2nd Amendment dude.  Has he had his staff introduce it yet?  It passed the House in 2017, only pro-gun bill that did, and didn't even make it out of committee in a 52 seat R Senate.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey I actually saw Senator Milk Carton (Have you seen me?) on lots of ads last year, as it was an election year for him.

Now back to the usual 5-1/2 years in the missing man formation.

But, he'll fight, fight I tells ya, for the Carry Reciprocity Bill, his throwaway bill to claim he's a big 2nd Amendment dude.  Has he had his staff introduce it yet?  It passed the House in 2017, only pro-gun bill that did, and didn't even make it out of committee in a 52 seat R Senate.

View Quote

This is Cornyn’s last term, scary part is who will replace him? This last election was easy for Cornyn, MJ looked like a total bitch in her ads, plus she really has never done anything. Cruz was a very accomplished solicitor general before he ran. In 2012 Cruz ran an incredible campaign to take on Dewhurst who was known statewide and had millions to run.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Off topic, but Texas should have a pretty deep bench of conservatives to replace the Milk Carton.  

2026 is a long way away too.

Gotta think George P Bush the 8th or whatever his name is hasn't spent his whole life wanting to be the Texas Land Commissioner for the rest of his days.  Maybe Senator then?  Or Governor if Abbott leavs out?

Amway, let's move CC discussions over to my other post, which discusses the next steps in the Senate.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Off topic, but Texas should have a pretty deep bench of conservatives to replace the Milk Carton.  

Gotta think George P Bush the 8th or whatever his name is hasn't spent his whole life wanting to be the Texas Land Commissioner for the rest of his days.  Maybe Senator then?  Or Governor if Abbott leavs out?

Amway, let's move CC discussions over to my other post, which discusses the next steps in the Senate.
View Quote

Unless George P has no challenger, I think most of the state is done with the Bush family.  Something also tells me we haven't seen the last of Shelly Luther either.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Beth Powell District 10 state senator (D).  Office in Burleson, Tarrant county area senator, not sure where all she covers.

Light her up
Local 817-820-0007
Austin 512-463-0110

I simply said "I would like to leave feedback for senator Powell.  I am a single issue voter.  I would like her to support the constitutional carry bill.  If she does not I will vote against her and I will campaign heavily against her.  If she does as a conservative I am will to give her support next time."
(what they don't know won't hurt them)
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

George P is the only one right now with state wide name recognition to run for Governor or Senator. I would rather have Abbott over George P.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

George P is the only one right now with state wide name recognition to run for Governor or Senator. I would rather have Abbott over George P.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard rumors that  P. Bush wants to primary Ken Paxton for AG as a stepping stone to higher office. That would suck because Paxton has been good for gun rights.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I have no more use for the Bushes.  They are all political cowards.

H Bush quit in office about 91, letting Clinton win.  And that was after he banned imported firearms, raised taxes, and put a leftist on the Supreme Court.  I though Dukakis lost in 88?

W Bush quit in office about 05, after people said mean things about him after a hurricane flooded New Orleans.

Jeb! spent 100 million dollars of donor money from the Republican Establishment to go nowhere in the 2016 primary.  He was to be the designated Tomato Can against Clinton, serving the same designated loser role as John McShitStain, and Romney.

No more Bushes.  Interestingly, if the family was starting into politics now, there is zero chance they would be Republicans.  Ivy League, from Connecticut.  Open borders, big companies, big government fans.  100% Democrat.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've heard rumors that  P. Bush wants to primary Ken Paxton for AG as a stepping stone to higher office. That would suck because Paxton has been good for gun rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paxton is a great AG he is tough as nails and really fights for Texas
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Today's GOA update with a list of yes/no voters.

https://texas.gunowners.org/texas-house-passes-constitutional-carry/

Also has a list of some important amendments. Does the last one do away with the 30.06/07 signs?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if there were any party cross overs.  Any R's voting no, any D's voting yes.

R / D split is 83 /67 from the data I saw, so with 87 votes yes, must have been some D support.

Update, found this:

Seven Democrats voted for the bill, according to an unofficial vote total: Terry Canales of Edinburg, who was a joint author; Ryan Guillen of Rio Grande City, another joint author; Harold Dutton of Houston; Richard Peña Raymond of Laredo; Tracy King of Batesville; Leo Pacheco of San Antonio and Eddie Morales Jr. of Eagle Pass. One Republican, Morgan Meyer of Dallas, voted against it. State Rep. Angie Chen Button, R-Richardson, was present but not voting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Today's GOA update with a list of yes/no voters.

https://texas.gunowners.org/texas-house-passes-constitutional-carry/

Also has a list of some important amendments. Does the last one do away with the 30.06/07 signs?
View Quote

No 30.06/30.07 signs remain but they are a class C misdemeanor. If someone tells you to leave, or hands you a card to read, and you don’t leave it is a class A misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have no more use for the Bushes.  They are all political cowards.

H Bush quit in office about 91, letting Clinton win.  And that was after he banned imported firearms, raised taxes, and put a leftist on the Supreme Court.  I though Dukakis lost in 88?

W Bush quit in office about 05, after people said mean things about him after a hurricane flooded New Orleans.

Jeb! spent 100 million dollars of donor money from the Republican Establishment to go nowhere in the 2016 primary.  He was to be the designated Tomato Can against Clinton, serving the same designated loser role as John McShitStain, and Romney.

No more Bushes.  Interestingly, if the family was starting into politics now, there is zero chance they would be Republicans.  Ivy League, from Connecticut.  Open borders, big companies, big government fans.  100% Democrat.  

View Quote

This all around.  Absolutely no more Bushes, period...
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Paxton is a great AG he is tough as nails and really fights for Texas
View Quote

This, AG Paxton is doing a great job for Texas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This all around.  Absolutely no more Bushes, period...
View Quote

Not in Texas or the USA, we're "bushed" out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Update for this week.

Dallas Morning News poll Sunday says 45% of the state supports Matthew McCounaugh for governor and is against Constitutional Carry. Consider the source but don't let up.

https://texas.gunowners.org/goa-texas-bullet-4-19-2021/
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top