Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/13/2021 6:44:55 PM EDT
This Thursday HB1927 Constitutional Carry will be heard on the house floor!!!

Good works everyone getting the Calendar Committee  to get it on the floor for a VOTE!! This Thursday at 10 AM.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent News!!!  

How are we doing with the Senate?  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent News!!!  

How are we doing with the Senate?  

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

As of right now we are planing to play hot potato. House passes HB 1927 and then the Senate has to deal with it. So keeping calling your senators, daily if needed. Find out who the senator’s 2A staffer is, or chief of staff, keep calling them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Law enforcement and LTC instructors are apparently joining in opposition:

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/law-enforcement-gun-instructors-gather-at-capitol-to-oppose-permit-less-carry-bill/269-489374e9-b19b-40c4-ad23-2d09b35f22f2
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/law-enforcement-gun-instructors-gather-at-capitol-to-oppose-permit-less-carry-bill/269-489374e9-b19b-40c4-ad23-2d09b35f22f2
View Quote

Huge fucking surprise. Gotta protect muh business interests rather than rights. It's like the NFA asshats that want to keep the MG registry closed to protect their investments.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Huge fucking surprise. Gotta protect muh business interests rather than rights. It's like the NFA asshats that want to keep the MG registry closed to protect their investments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most this is a few big city chiefs like our buddy Art ASSavados, who are mouth pieces for big city mayors/city managers. This and a couple LTC instructors who got their ox gored before when the LTC class was no longer needed for renewal. To show you how dumb these 'instructors' are they do not realize more people took classes (both CHL type and other defensive classes) when states passed Constitutional Carry. Good instructors offer many other classes, not just LTC. These clown whining about about thinking they are losing a 'cash cow' but most know very little about actual firearms instruction.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Below are details about the bill, HB 1927.  It's one of the better Constitutional Carry bills that were debated.

It opens up who can carry from the LTC requirements, which include things like not being behind on taxes or court ordered payments, to those who can possess a handgun, and are 21 or older.

It does nothing to the current LTC, so if you already have one, it had no impact on your license.

If you have an account on a gun board, most likely you already have an LTC, so this bill won't impact you.  It's for the non-gun enthusiast, who doesn't have the time, resources, or energy to get a LTC with everything they may have going on in their lives, but still needs to be able to defend themselves and their families.

It would be a significant advancement of gun rights, and a huge win for us.  Nanny Doomberg spent millions to try to gain control of the House, and then push out gun grabbing bills.  Now the House is poised to vote for the biggest advancement of gun rights since the 1995 concealed handgun law.  

I expect the House to approve it - the bills has about 60 co-authors (76 votes needed to pass), and most of the time elected officials don't put their own side's bills to the floor unless they know they are going to pass.

Next move will be to have this bill heard in the Senate, where we'll need once again to pack the room and speak for hours and hours and hours.  Then hopefully onto the full Senate.  We shall see.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Below are details about the bill, HB 1927.  It's one of the better Constitutional Carry bills that were debated.

It opens up who can carry from the LTC requirements, which include things like not being behind on taxes or court ordered payments, to those who can possess a handgun, and are 21 or older.

It does nothing to the current LTC, so if you already have one, it had no impact on your license.

If you have an account on a gun board, most likely you already have an LTC, so this bill won't impact you.  It's for the non-gun enthusiast, who doesn't have the time, resources, or energy to get a LTC with everything they may have going on in their lives, but still needs to be able to defend themselves and their families.

It would be a significant advancement of gun rights, and a huge win for us.  Nanny Doomberg spent millions to try to gain control of the House, and then push out gun grabbing bills.  Now the House is poised to vote for the biggest advancement of gun rights since the 1995 concealed handgun law.  

I expect the House to approve it - the bills has about 60 co-authors (76 votes needed to pass), and most of the time elected officials don't put their own side's bills to the floor unless they know they are going to pass.

Next move will be to have this bill heard in the Senate, where we'll need once again to pack the room and speak for hours and hours and hours.  Then hopefully onto the full Senate.  We shall see.

https://texas.gunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/HB-1927-House-floor-handout.jpg
View Quote

Mad Mommies sent out their "we're all gonna die if this passes" text alert this morning.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mad Mommies sent out their "we're all gonna die if this passes" text alert this morning.
View Quote

Them and Texas Gun Nonsense sound like idiots when they testify mostly they cry but have idea what they are talking about
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, if it's only them ...
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Them and Texas Gun Nonsense sound like idiots when they testify mostly they cry but have idea what they are talking about
View Quote

What surprised me when the CC bill was before the House Committee was how few were there.

There were I believe 4 gun grabbers that night, maybe 5, and all but maybe, maybe 1, were paid shills of various outfits, as they said they were representing those groups.

While our side had over 90 speakers, and all but about 5 were individuals representing themselves.  

They have to have a better showing at any Senate hearing - if they're outnumbered 90-5 like last time, in a Republican controlled Committee, I don't see how the Committee keeps it from going to the full Senate.  

I'd guess we see more turncoat LTC instructors, and appointed chiefs of police at a Senate hearing, to try to slow down CC's momentum.  

Exciting times - there's still a lot of work to be done, but in year's past, the House hasn't even had a hearing on CC - now we're ~ 24 hours from it passing the House.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I just contacted my rep again to encourage support.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Any LTC instructor who opposes constitutional carry can fuckthefuckoff back to NEW YORK.  And take Abbott with you.

Post a list of them to boycott .
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What surprised me when the CC bill was before the House Committee was how few were there.

There were I believe 4 gun grabbers that night, maybe 5, and all but maybe, maybe 1, were paid shills of various outfits, as they said they were representing those groups.

While our side had over 90 speakers, and all but about 5 were individuals representing themselves.  

They have to have a better showing at any Senate hearing - if they're outnumbered 90-5 like last time, in a Republican controlled Committee, I don't see how the Committee keeps it from going to the full Senate.  

I'd guess we see more turncoat LTC instructors, and appointed chiefs of police at a Senate hearing, to try to slow down CC's momentum.  

Exciting times - there's still a lot of work to be done, but in year's past, the House hasn't even had a hearing on CC - now we're ~ 24 hours from it passing the House.

View Quote

The afternoon of the day Homeland Security there were 4-5 more there but before 5 PM they were tired and went home, I was sitting outside the HS room listening to them. Glad Constitutional Carrying hearing did not start until just about Midnight.

Had the Suppressor bill (HB 957) this afternoon. One person against signed up but was a big no show.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Tomorrow at 10 AM the House will be voting on HB 1927 Constitutional Carry, start calling you house members to vote YES on HB1927.

I will be there and keep you posted!
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any LTC instructor who opposes constitutional carry can fuckthefuckoff back to NEW YORK.  And take Abbott with you.

Post a list of them to boycott .
View Quote

We really do need the list so we can make sure they don’t get any business going forward.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We really do need the list so we can make sure they don’t get any business going forward.
View Quote

Open Carry Texas released the press release from this ‘group’. It press release was posted in one of the two threads on Constitutional Carry.

The main guy is out of the Leander/Bertram area, supposedly was a ex cop.

Main guy pushing this is Raul Camacho, you can Google/DuckDuck him and find his business.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#17]
If you do not know who represents you click on this link.  Pretty easy to see what bills they support.

https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tomorrow at 10 AM the House will be voting on HB 1927 Constitutional Carry, start calling you house members to vote YES on HB1927.

View Quote

I called and emailed. Thank you for the updates.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Open Carry Texas released the press release from this ‘group’. It press release was posted in one of the two threads on Constitutional Carry.

The main guy is out of the Leander/Bertram area, supposedly was a ex cop.

Main guy pushing this is Raul Camacho, you can Google/DuckDuck him and find his business.
View Quote

Safetymeasures.us if you feel like giving him some love. Or at least steering business away from him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I am here in the gallery, this should be good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are a good Texan.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You are a good Texan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a good Texan.

Thanks. Already 2 good pro-gun bills voted out on third reading. Waiting for first reading and debate on CC

Just had the reading Rep. Scheffer knocked it out of the park. More to come
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
It's being heard right now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Good to see this finally being considered, but sad that we are behind ----VERMONT---- in recognizing the right to carry without government interference.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#26]
The guy asking the speaker to tell people to shut the fuck up and listen, was pretty nice to see happen.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Caught the last bit of King speaking.   Was he asking questions in support or in opposition to it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Here we go with the race baiting.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Mr Sherman is concerned about black people getting killed for carrying guns in their cars.  This bill doesn't demand everyone carry guns.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Caught the last bit of King speaking.   Was he asking questions in support or in opposition to it?
View Quote

He is in support
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here we go with the race baiting.
View Quote

While he (Sherman) may have once had valid points, how would this specific bill directly/indirectly adversely affect what he's bringing up?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Moody is trying to amend the bill to include Universal Background Checks

The amendment fails to add UBC
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

He wants his RedFlag baby to get tacked onto it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#34]
You would think a good response to the background-checking hoax is that all but 1 or two mass-killers have been,. background-checked.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You would think a good response to the background-checking hoax is that all but 1 or two mass-killers have been,. background-checked.
View Quote

That opens the door to "But a buyer would need to undergo extensive psychiatric evaluation no longer than  before each firearm/firearm accessory purchase." amendment.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Is Don causing problems in the gallery?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#37]
So one clown almost got the 30 or so folks in attendance booted?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Moody needs to be voted out. Typical lib running on feelings instead of intellect.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was UBC, he did this in HSC on Thursday night.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]
is the feed silent at the moment
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
is the feed silent at the moment
View Quote

it is for me.  sounds like there may have been a ruckus.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Don.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Don,
What was the outburst?  I couldn't hear it very well.  What was said
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was a anti-gun church group that got booted. They did take the Mommy’s signs they brought
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Was a anti-gun church group that got booted. They did take the Mommy’s signs they brought
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#46]
WTF lady, it's already been stated that 30.06/30.07 are still valid.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Moody needs to be voted out. Typical lib running on feelings instead of intellect.
View Quote

We try but the FSA is strong here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Pimp
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Harris rep has an infatuation with pimps.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Wild West Pimp style!?! Ridiculous!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top