Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2023 6:26:00 PM EDT
This morning, HB 153 (2A Sanctuary Bill) advanced with a vote from the Senate Committee on Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection. I understand that Senator Berg, D Jefferson Co. had a cow over this bill. Assuming this bill passes the full Senate, we can expect to see it again when Andy Beshear vetos it. There seems to be enough votes to override that veto. Get your popcorn ready for the show.You can see the bill here:
https://apps.legislature.ky.gov/recorddocuments/bill/23RS/HB153/bill.pdf
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
"We can't just ignore federal laws we don't agree with." - Democrats

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

We are not suggesting that anybody ignore them. We are just saying that we won't help the feds do the job of enforcing those unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We are not suggesting that anybody ignore them. We are just saying that we won't help the feds do the job of enforcing those unconstitutional laws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Though, it's mind-blowingly ridiculous that they have the nerve to say anything after their party has ignored, at local levels, federal immigration and drug laws.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Exactly. Though, it's mind-blowingly ridiculous that they have the nerve to say anything after their party has ignored, at local levels, federal immigration and drug laws.
View Quote

I have never felt that leftists were short on nerve with anything. I wish our side could be as aggressive as they are.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wish our side could be as aggressive as they are.  
View Quote

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This will control my vote - BALL UP!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:43:00 AM EDT
[#7]

The debate in the senate is worth watching.  It started at 4:56pm on 3/16.  The archive on KET will be up soon.  It's available now on the "KY Senate Republicans" wastebook page.  It passed with BI-PARTISAN support thanks to Sen. Webb... No thanks to Givens and Carroll.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Now we get to watch Andy veto the bill and then watch as that veto is overridden. Oh, what fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
To complement this law they need to repeal the law on autos, suppressors etc.  

Though it would still be illegal under federal law there would be no arrest at the state level.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#10]
This goes to the Governor's desk today to be vetoed no doubt. Hopefully a supermajority can override the veto.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Today, Tuesday, March 28, Andy Beshear allowed HB 135 to become law without his signature. He did not veto the bill and he can no longer  veto the bill anytime in the future. HB 135 had an emergency clause in it to take effect immediately and is now law in Ky. as of today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Today, Tuesday, March 28, Andy Beshear allowed HB 135 to become law without his signature. He did not veto the bill and he can no longer  veto the bill anytime in the future. HB 135 had an emergency clause in it to take effect immediately and is now law in Ky. as of today.
View Quote

Yay!
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most likely because he is running for re-election and did not want to give opponents ammo against him since he knew they would override his veto anyway.  

That way he can claim he is not anti gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't think its that complicated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most likely because he is running for re-election and did not want to give opponents ammo against him since
he knew they would override his veto anyway.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely because he is running for re-election and did not want to give opponents ammo against him since

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top